limpid

Match Polls  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair as much as some of the overall "performances" seem to not be great.

Can we not admit that some of the passes and moves are CLASS?

Especially for some of the goals.

Definitely good signs.

Come on JV this is VT, you have to see the worst in Villa when we win. 

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Dire performance !!!

Once again it is all symptomatic of a group of decent players winning despite the manager. The tactics were all wrong, the players seemed to have no real plan, we were over-run in midfield for 80 minutes and a decent team would have beaten us 1-5 ...... but we won ...... yay !!!

*Rolls his eyes in despair*

TBH two games in four days really showed. There is plenty of room for improvement but we have much more self confidence hence we don't fold in games like we did earlier in the season.

We could have scored four or five but could have conceded a couple just as easily. Our defending is generally pretty good but we are still struggling in midfield with too many loose passes and we give possession much too easily on occasion. I think we have most of the players but the balance is not quite right. This is the area needs improvement but is still miles better than it was.

At the end of the day a win is a win so let's not be too critical.

21 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

More importantly in what percentage of posts has he used the plural. You know, the stuff that really matters.

This is true ,and we must never, I repeat,never underestimate the importance of percentages ,if only there were more of us .

I live in hope .

In all seriousness, first half we were dominant. QPR did nothing and we were by far the better team. We should have been 3 up.

Second half we looked a bit complacent and we let QPR play too much. But for all that they had one shot on target, and even that was a very very weak one. 

We could still be playing now and they wouldn't have scored.

Not a vintage performance but a comfortable victory.

Baker MOTM.

• Like 2

Not pretty, but i don't care. It's been a long time since i felt somewhat confident in our team. It seems like we are able to soak up pressure without collapsing and it's refreshing to see some clean sheets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NottingVilla said:

QPR had a rest at the weekend?

Didn't say they did. QPR are a poor side who we made look much better than they actually are. I don't know how fatigued they might or might not have been but a number of our players looked shot by midway through the second half.

What pleased me was again we did not play particularly well but won. That's an important knack to have IMO.

Â