Ratings & Reactions: Villa v QPR

limpid

Match Polls  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Total domination from us in the first five minutes - I thought we were going to rack up a cricket score.

Then we slowly slowly started to drift out the game until the end was just backs-to-the-wall scrambling with incredibly bad decision making from some of our players. However, we stayed firm again and got the points.

Bruce should probably have been more proactive with subs - Amavi and Bacuna and Adomah were struggling in the second half, especially when Holloway changed his side up. 

But hey, another win and another cracking goal. Good stuff. Just wish we could keep our heads for a whole game.

• Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Total domination from us in the first five minutes - I thought we were going to rack up a cricket score.

Then we slowly slowly started to drift out the game until the end was just backs-to-the-wall scrambling with incredibly bad decision making from some of our players. However, we stayed firm again and got the points.

Bruce should probably have been more proactive with subs - Amavi and Bacuna and Adomah were struggling in the second half, especially when Holloway changed his side up. 

But hey, another win and another cracking goal. Good stuff. Just wish we could keep our heads for a whole game.

I agree with your subs point. Ideally I think he would have wanted the option of another holding midfield player, problem is we don't have one.

24 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

If the codger does not win the Villa talk player of the season I shall donate my kidneys to whomever wants them.

If a pancreas is going I'll take it, miss a good bender

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Terrible performance. Some absolute shockers individually, players looked dead on their feet to be fair. 

Special mention to Bacuna, didn't do a single thing right despite being the freshest player on the pitch :)

Interestingly (According to the SB Facebook interview) we have not lost a game this season that Leo has started.

• Like 1

Bruce on the radio described the game exactly how I saw it. He obviously didn't feel he could improve the team with earlier subs for whatever reason, whether that is due to lack of fitness or whether he is trying to save them for later games, or whether he just didn't have enough faith in them I don't know. But pleased to see he at least acknowledges that we were making far too many mistakes in the latter stages, and that we are at least resilient in the face of pressure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Terrible performance. Some absolute shockers individually, players looked dead on their feet to be fair. 

Special mention to Bacuna, didn't do a single thing right despite being the freshest player on the pitch :)

?

Well... I voted him motm as did most around me, and I reckon the first half was as good as we've played this season- again, a view shared by most around me. So it just shows eh ? 

Second half I wasn't alone fuming at Bruce leaving it way too late to change things. Amavi in particular was shot after an hour. He had good choices on the bench and it really was baffling why he left it. HAD we conceded he'd have rightly been criticised.

First half though, really good stuff.

And on the radio he continues to express his view that ' looking after the ball better' is the next step.

Mind you Brucie they may look after it better if we used our subs !

What a great run he has us on though, 110 % credit to him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thanks for the link. Going on those highlights (I did not see the game), there was nothing from QPR that really caused any concern for our GK in the entire match. A solid 1-0 victory, which after the horrors of last season I will gladly take. Bruce appears to have put the first and most important building block in place, which is a tight defence, a solid foundation to build on.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Aside from his work for the goal??

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Seems like this crazy plan of signing everyone's best players on the transfer windows is finally paying dividends, too late now for this season but hopefully we can continue this run through to next season.

1 goal conceded in 8 games is bloody good going though.

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Seems like this crazy plan of signing everyone's best players on the transfer windows is finally paying dividends, too late now for this season but hopefully we can continue this run through to next season.

1 goal conceded in 8 games is bloody good going though.

So who we signing next season then?

Forrestieri? Will Hughes? lol

Â