The Aintree Festival / Grand National 2017

Brumerican

8 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Anyone get a winner today? I didn't do too well. I'll have a little go tomorrow, but will save most of the pennies for Saturday because I'm going.

I had Dineur at 16/1

(And then I had supper at half five ):D

• Like 3

Some interesting horses at big prices today 

13.40  Sumkindofking @ 12/1           Crystal Lad @ 20/1  Sky Khan @ 12/1  Runswick Royal @ 20/1  (Paying 6 places)

14.20 NFI   (Winner from  Mount Mews, River Wylde or Moon racer most likely, at crap odds)

14.50 NFI  (Might Bite at odds on AVOID)

15.25  NFI  (Sub Lieutenant or Gods own at crap odds)

16.05  Eastlake  @ 16/1  Third Intention @ 20/1     0 0Seven @ 16/1  (Paying 6 places)

16.40  Beyond Conceit @14/1  Monbeg Charmer @25/1

17.15  Carlos Du Fruitier @ 28/1  Ennidcoffey Oscar @33/1 Run to Milan @ 25/1  Nice and Easy @ 22/1

I'll probably just do some lucky 15's with the first race and the last 3. 

24 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

13.40  Sumkindofking @ 12/1           Crystal Lad @ 20/1  Sky Khan @ 12/1  Runswick Royal @ 20/1  (Paying 6 places)

14.20 NFI   (Winner from  Mount Mews, River Wylde or Moon racer most likely, at crap odds)

16.05  Eastlake  @ 16/1  Third Intention @ 20/1     0 0Seven @ 16/1  (Paying 6 places)

17.15  Carlos Du Fruitier @ 28/1  Ennidcoffey Oscar @33/1 Run to Milan @ 25/1  Nice and Easy @ 22/1

I clocked the move on Sky Khan last night and got on at 25/1 with SB (6places) 

Low and behold it's a result of the price wise sheep so false money. 

The genuine money appears to be for Dream Berry at 12/1. 

SB & PP are paying extra places again today for the EW thief so try before you buy sports fans.

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I clocked the move on Sky Khan last night and got on at 25/1 with SB (6places) 

Low and behold it's a result of the price wise sheep so false money. 

The genuine money appears to be for Dream Berry at 12/1. 

SB & PP are paying extra places again today for the EW thief so try before you buy sports fans.

I done mine last night too and got better odds than on display above.

Looks like Apples Jade won't run at the festival which is a shame. 

10 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I done mine last night too and got better odds than on display above.

Looks like Apples Jade won't run at the festival which is a shame. 

Yeah had a feeling they would keep her for Punchestown mate, Elliott did say it was an option but I couldn't let that 10/1 stand there winking at me like it did :D

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah had a feeling they would keep her for Punchestown mate, Elliott did say it was an option but I couldn't let that 10/1 stand there winking at me like it did :D

Same here dude! I had £25 E/W on her and I never bet that much on a single horse hah

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Most of these have shortened a fair bit since I posted. 

Crystal Lad and Runswick Royal are now 16/1 from 20/1

Eastlake 14/1 from 16/1

Beyond Conceit 10/1 from 14/1

Enniscoffey Oscar 22/1 from 33/1  Run to Milan 16/1 from 25/1 

(Niceandeasy is NR)

Done alright with my picks today apart from the first race. I was gutted that Enniscoffey Oscar came so close to winning, but the place topped off a nice 7 race 50p e/w acca. I've never hit a 7 fold before . 

If the ground is good, and it looks likely, Lord Windermere must have a chance tomorrow. When was the last time a Gold Cup winner carried 10st 10lb in a National? He was 15lb higher in the weights when he pulled up in softer than wanted ground. But, even then, he jumped 24 fences so has the experience of getting over 80% of the obstacles that day. If he retains anywhere near the ability he had 3 years ago he would be a great each way shout at around 50/1.

Edited by villarocker

11 hours ago, villarocker said:

If the ground is good, and it looks likely, Lord Windermere must have a chance tomorrow. When was the last time a Gold Cup winner carried 10st 10lb in a National? He was 15lb higher in the weights when he pulled up in softer than wanted ground. But, even then, he jumped 24 fences so has the experience of getting over 80% of the obstacles that day. If he retains anywhere near the ability he had 3 years ago he would be a great each way shout at around 50/1.

True but he run like a drain the last few years. 

Would be good though, when was the last time a horse won the GC and the National in its career? 

Â