Microsoft Scorpio

Chindie

Mine isn't coming today despite the tracking showing it arrived at the Stoke amazon depot at 6.42 am this morning.

Despite despite delivering until 11pm tonight They still have it for delivery sometime before 8pm tomorrow (not even upgraded to a before 9/10/12 delivery slot due to being late

Apparently 16 hours isn't enough time for them to transport it the 33 miles to my house.

I could walk/cycle there and get it before it arrives...

i can remember when PS4 launched, i got mine delivered on launch day but i'd booked the day off work, spent half the day on royal mails tracker website watching the van drive round the wrekin, bastard turned up at 4.50pm i was his last drop off :( 

Yeah I contacted Amazon support and they said it will be delivered today but I don't think so.

Way too late now, hasn't even left the depot yet.

FFFUUU amazon. Glad I didn't take a day off work for this shit.

EDIT. Just refreshed the page, out for delivery baby. 

Edited by PieFacE

For anyone that wants an S console shopto currently have the 1TB S with digital assassins creed game, physical copies of Dishonored 2, Doom, Fallout 4 (& Fallout 3 digital) and a choice of either Fifa 18, COD WWII or Destiny 2 on disc for £229 & you can add the evil within 2 for an extra £20 if you want too.

Can't see black friday deals being much better than that

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Is the difference majorly noticeable? 

Do you have a 4k tv? 

If you do, how big is it, and how far away do you sit? 

And, what games would you play on it? 

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Anyone get their Xbox One X today?

Is the difference majorly noticeable? 

I'm just looking for an excuse to part with my money.

If you have a good 4k HDR10 tv then the difference is clear, If you have a cheaper/mid-range hdr set the difference is still clear but not so mind blowing as on some of the more expensive sets.

I keep crashing in to things on forza because i am too busy looking at stuff in the background even though i have spent hundreds of hours driving round the same tracks and know/knew them like the back of my hand.

Have only tried a few games so far (forza/gears 4, killer instinct, tomb raider and halo 3, yes 3 the 360 version has been enhanced) and they all look far better compared to the S console plugged into the same screen switching between the 2 in real time.

Things to bear in mind :

Some of the games are HUGE, this means two things. You will NEED very fast internet (preferably virgin 300mb) & you will NEED an external HDD (preferably 4-8gb)

I copied over some games off my current external to the X console, 9 games and it is full.

If you are buying digital only you are going to be in for a long wait, even with virgin 300mb internet. A few file sizes for you :

(these are base game file sizes only & do not include additional DLC sizes)

Dead Rising 4 – 59.15 GB
FIFA 18 – 45.8 GB
Final Fantasy XV – 71.6 GB
Forza Motorsport 7 - 95 GB
Gears of War 4 – 103.3 GB
Halo 5: Guardians – 107 GB
Killer Instinct – 47.1 GB
Rise of the Tomb Raider – 51.3 GB
The Evil Within 2 – 28.8 GB
Titanfall 2 - 68.4 GB
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – 51.4 GB

If you have some of these on disc you will install 30-40gb from the disc then the rest needs downloading (gears of war 4 was a 62gb download after installing the disc)

I guess it does depend on the game/patch though. some will be better than others and some more noticeable than others. Some may just improve the framerate a little and make a few things look a little nicer but this is all down to the devs & their patches.

*edit - I have just tried a quick game of madden 18 and the difference is quite incredible. Almost looks like you are playing the HQ pre-rendered cut scenes they use in commercials and could easily be mistaken for a real game (it actually looks far better than sky HD)

Edited by LakotaDakota

8 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If you have a good 4k HDR10 tv then the difference is clear, If you have a cheaper/mid-range hdr set the difference is still clear but not so mind blowing as on some of the more expensive sets.

I keep crashing in to things on forza because i am too busy looking at stuff in the background even though i have spent hundreds of hours driving round the same tracks and know/knew them like the back of my hand.

Have only tried a few games so far (forza/gears 4, killer instinct, tomb raider and halo 3, yes 3 the 360 version has been enhanced) and they all look far better compared to the S console plugged into the same screen switching between the 2 in real time.

Things to bear in mind :

Some of the games are HUGE, this means two things. You will NEED very fast internet (preferably virgin 300mb) & you will NEED an external HDD (preferably 4-8gb)

I copied over some games off my current external to the X console, 9 games and it is full.

If you are buying digital only you are going to be in for a long wait, even with virgin 300mb internet. A few file sizes for you :

(these are base game file sizes only & do not include additional DLC sizes)

Dead Rising 4 – 59.15 GB
FIFA 18 – 45.8 GB
Final Fantasy XV – 71.6 GB
Forza Motorsport 7 - 95 GB
Gears of War 4 – 103.3 GB
Halo 5: Guardians – 107 GB
Killer Instinct – 47.1 GB
Rise of the Tomb Raider – 51.3 GB
The Evil Within 2 – 28.8 GB
Titanfall 2 - 68.4 GB
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – 51.4 GB

If you have some of these on disc you will install 30-40gb from the disc then the rest needs downloading (gears of war 4 was a 62gb download after installing the disc)

I guess it does depend on the game/patch though. some will be better than others and some more noticeable than others. Some may just improve the framerate a little and make a few things look a little nicer but this is all down to the devs & their patches.

*edit - I have just tried a quick game of madden 18 and the difference is quite incredible. Almost looks like you are playing the HQ pre-rendered cut scenes they use in commercials and could easily be mistaken for a real game (it actually looks far better than sky HD)

You've talked me into it!

I haven't yet gone 4K so will have to make the TV & Xbox One X purchase over Christmas

19 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

For anyone that wants an S console shopto currently have the 1TB S with digital assassins creed game, physical copies of Dishonored 2, Doom, Fallout 4 (& Fallout 3 digital) and a choice of either Fifa 18, COD WWII or Destiny 2 on disc for £229 & you can add the evil within 2 for an extra £20 if you want too.

Can't see black friday deals being much better than that

It's working out as €300 delivered for Xbone S 1Tb, Assassins Creed Origins, Fifa 18, Dishonoured 2, Evil within 2, Doom and Fallout 4. Delivered to my door in 2 days.

My interest is piqued...

Recommend anyone who buys a One X should also download the "Insects" demo where you can toggle 4k & HDr on and off.

Looks incredible

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/insects-an-xbox-one-x-enhanced-experience/9p798w4vdt91

Not had chance to play any games yet though, had to re-download my library. Not the fastest of things. 

Edited by PieFacE

13 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

One thing im interested to know is what a 4k bluray looks like vs what is claimed to be 4k on netflix - anyone know yet or tried one on the xbox?

This could be a big factor in me buying one.

I played Planet Earth 2 on the Xbox One S in 4K and it looked absolutely stunning. 

Better than Netflix for sure, but Planet Earth by default looks stunning anyway so may not be a fair test.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I played Planet Earth 2 on the Xbox One S in 4K and it looked absolutely stunning. 

Better than Netflix for sure, but Planet Earth by default looks stunning anyway so may not be a fair test.

Indeed it does, i remember getting my first bluray player along with a copy of Planet Earth and it was amazing. Im guessing its a similar leap forwards on the 4k version. 

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Im still yet to see anything in native 4k despite having a 4k tv for 11 months!

I think a copy of Planet Earth 2 and something Tu play it on might be worthwhile...

Supposedly the big leap is in the HDR rather than the resolution (unless you sit extremely close to a massive screen).

I'm yet to jump on board with 4k but will be shortly. Not sure it'll be accompanied by a Xbox One X though. Bit too pricey, exclusives aren't wide enough to grab me and I could probably live with playing third party stuff at slightly worse quality.

The one thing tempering that is I will be buying a UHD Blu-ray player. But even then the One S has a spotty reputation as a player.

Edited by Chindie

Â