Pre Match thread

AJ

On Tuesday, we face Holloway's QPR at Villa Park.

We are looking at doing the double, as Villa are in hot form, while QPR search for consistency.

I will go for a safe 2 nil to Villa.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

On Tuesday, we face Holloway's QPR at Villa Park.

It didn't go well for us at the game at Loftus Road earlier in the season, but they are now facing a Villa in hot form, while their form is very inconsistent.

I will go for a safe 2 nil to Villa.

We won 1-0...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

We won 1-0...

Oh crap, we did too. I thought we lost that one.

Fixed.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Away from home AND on Sky Sports. I know it seemed far-fetched!

I remember now. The look on that goblin Holloway's face after the game was priceless.

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Baker Taylor

Jedinak

Hourihane       Lansbury

Adomah    Kodjia       Green

Subs - Bunn, Elphick, Bree, Amavi, Grealish, Bacuna, RHM

I am assuming Hogan is out for at least a week

Would be nice for RHM to get a cameo appearance under his belt to see what the fuss is about

2-0 win for me!

Johnstone

Bree Chester Baker Taylor

Jedinak

Lansbury        Hourihane

Adomah    Kodjia    Green

Subs - Bunn, Hutton, Elphick, Amavi, Grealish, Bacuna, RHM

Must win

If the play offs happen they happen, for me this is a perfect opportunity to blood RHM with no pressure on him whatsoever. Stick to the 442 we started with yday.  That is the way to get Kodjia to understand it too

I hate to be the bringer of fear - but there's another striker who this manager might well have in front of RHM in the pecking order - and he's pretty much back to 'fitness' too.

Hopefully pretty much everyone that played yesterday will be okay to start on Tuesday.

• Like 1

I'd start to blood a couple of youngsters every game at this stage but i think Bruce won't do that until promotion is mathematically impossible, which will probably be with 2 or 3 games to go so they get very little time to prove themselves before the season is over.

I'm gonna go for a 5-2 win, a barnstormer of a match, incredible scenes throughout the 90 minutes 

• Like 2

QPR's last league win at Villa Park was in 1992 (1-0). We have drawn 2 and won 5 of our home league games against them since then. Another win and another clean sheet would be nice as would the league double that would give us. 2-0 again? 

• Like 1

I'm a little nervous about this one.  Not as confident as I've been in recent weeks.  I'm still erring towards a solitary goal win, but I have 'draw' nagging me in the back of my mind.  Other than a loss at Gary Rowett's Derby, they had been flying.  They face Brighton after us, so hopefully we can be the 2nd in a run of 3 consecutive losses :)

2-1 Villa.

25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They are a different beast to the team we beat earlier in the season.

So are we. :)

We have a midfield now.

Edited by AJ

I recall (tender age of 19!) being at this fixture 40 years ago or so ...1977 league cup semi final 2nd leg at Villa Park, it finished 2 -2. I am pretty sure an anouncement was made that the Holte End gates were shut as it was packed that night. A great night if I remember, even better though was the replay at Highbury when Sir Brian got his hat trick ....lets hope we win. I am heading up from home (Newmarket - Suffolk) with my daughter for this one K4 Upper Holte....she loves it!....she has no choice its in her DNA !

All the best

Del

• Like 3

None of our league games this season have had more than 4 goals in them.  We're the only Championship side yet to be involved in a game with 5 or more goals in the league.