Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

52 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Rooney anyone?

Struggling to find a club apparently

As ridiculous as it sounds, the problem with people like him, and Hart, is not even necessarily attracting them.

It's the astronomical wages they are on, even if they were free!

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Myth. 

No it isnt, we were offered him for £5m. This from Jan 2008

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-in-for-5m-rated-radamel-falcao-721726

Then this 18 months later, when we were linked again and also considered Cavani

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/south-american-hot-shots-aim-97269

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

But he's just not good enough.  He doesn't have a settled position.  He's absolutely a squad utility player.

I'm curious... what makes you think he's good enough to be first choice in a midtable Premier League team?

He could easily make RB his own and it wouldn't take much for him to develop into a quality RM. 

He's an excellent cross, has good vision, is strong, quick, versatile, passionate & spirited, can take a free kick and is solid enough defensively. They are good qualities to build on if you're an attacking defender or midfielder.  

His form at the end of 14/15 when he was hitting Benteke with crosses which lead to a number of important goals in my view was the form of a midtable Premier League player. I thought he was only getting started as well. He went backwards the following season but so did all our players. He gets a seriously raw deal from our fans imo.

12 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He could easily make RB his own and it wouldn't take much for him to develop into a quality RM. 

He's an excellent cross, has good vision, is strong, quick, versatile, passionate & spirited, can take a free kick and is solid enough defensively. They are good qualities to build on if you're an attacking defender or midfielder.  

His form at the end of 14/15 when he was hitting Benteke with crosses which lead to a number of important goals in my view was the form of a midtable Premier League player. I thought he was only getting started as well. He went backwards the following season but so did all our players. He gets a seriously raw deal from our fans imo.

...except he hasn't.

Yes, he got a new 5 year contract if I recall.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Just now, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Tony has already said he doesnt believe in re-signing players

In this case that's a relief, but if Bruce wants him big tone surely would over rule him? I mean if we got promoted and Trekkers was available would we not be interested?

i think has yo be done by player to player basis

• Like 1

Downing goes missing too much in time of need.

He has ability, always has had.......i have reservations about his industry and bottle.

This league requires brave committed players.

A "No" from me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Downing goes missing too much in time of need.

He has ability, always has had.......i have reservations about his industry and bottle.

This league requires brave committed players.

A "No" from me.

Being strongly linked to Brighton in any case .

• Like 1