Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

The part that 19 is too young. Agreed that nobody should be relying on a 19 year old but we have enough talent in the squad that we wouldn't be relying on him.

I'd much rather see us playing Green that springing cash on the likes of Downing.

I agree with you, I think he could be outstanding but at the same time, I don't want to heap too much pressure on him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is anyone who no longer plays for us anything other than average in your eyes?

I get that it's all about opinions but for you to say this about Milner suggests to me that we've been watching two entirely different sports.......

Barry, Young, Benteke, Mellberg, Laursen, Southgate, Freidel

all quality players in a Villa jersey. Milner had one great season but 2 other average season with Villa

Re: John Terry.

around 4 seasons ago he had the first of his "back problems"

The next season he made one last hoorah effort and did really well.

The following season Mourinho left him out a lot so he made it through the season.

Last season, a new manager, and a new system along with his overall fitness meant he was "rested" a lot.

This could go 2 ways

1 - The rest has done him good so he could pace himself for 25-30 games and be good for us

2 - come out blazing for 1, 2 or 3 games, get injured, then its season over.

The financial risk is

1 - a problem for Tonys bank account

2 - down to Wyness's FFP calutaion

I trust DrT's wallet but not Wyness's decision making.

----------------------

What this does for the team is another matter

with a dodgy keeper, a young Bree backed up with Hutton (RDL ?????) Chester are only reliable CB, then Terry (Fitness) Jedi (Fitness) Baker (Injuries) and Taylor backed up by Amavi, I don't feel over confident to be honest. It may work - it may not.

The thought of a back 3 with Hutton and Amavi as wing backs scares me.

The thought of a back 3 becoming a back 5 with Jedi holding doesnt suggest to me that we'll be playing purposeful football.

----------------------------------

New GK

Chester + 2 from Terry/Jedi/Baker

Bree                                    Taylor

Lansbury  Hourihane

Adoma      Hogan     Kodjia

I  can live with as we have enough back up in RDL Amavi Thor Green Grealish & McC to make a go of it even if we dont get any new signings in.  .

BTW.................

Just got back from a few days working in Majorca.

(I had the choice of coming back to the luxurious surroundings of Brum but decided on staying near Frankfurt for a while to soften the blow)

Man, every where you go you see t-shirts with Messi on them, I asked a few locals who explained how good he is, he scores goals goals goals no matter who plays in the team with him. they just give him the ball then 2 minutes later its in the net.

Can we not make a bid?

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

BTW.................

Just got back from a few days working in Majorca.

(I had the choice of coming back to the luxurious surroundings of Brum but decided on staying near Frankfurt for a while to soften the blow)

Man, every where you go you see t-shirts with Messi on them, I asked a few locals who explained how good he is, he scores goals goals goals no matter who plays in the team with him. they just give him the ball then 2 minutes later its in the net.

Can we not make a bid?

Lack of height could be a problem and a risk having no prem/champ experience.

Edited by dounavilla
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Lack of height could be a problem and a risk having no prem/champ experience.

Also, look how our last so-called Barcelona wonderkid turned out; all style no substance. It's a no from me.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Also, look how our last so-called Barcelona wonderkid turned out; all style no substance. It's a no from me.

Apparently he is wanted in the Prem by West Ham etc. I think Traore is still way too young to have a definitive verdict on.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently he is wanted in the Prem by West Ham etc. I think Traore is still way too young to have a definitive verdict on.

Ah, I was just joking mate; implying I wouldn't take Messi because Traore didn't pan out. For what it's worth I always quite liked Traore, in a different point in our history he could've been good and fitted in well... he was exciting to watch, young and athletic. Shame it didn't work out but I wish him the best.

• Like 2

No thanks to Messi. I don't want a tax fraud in my team, no way. I want players who are in bed by 8pm, iron their moms clothes, don't drink and don't swear.

Oh, and no sex before marriage!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Barry, Young, Benteke, Mellberg, Laursen, Southgate, Freidel

all quality players in a Villa jersey. Milner had one great season but 2 other average season with Villa

Freidel wasn't that great for us. Solid enough but never reached the match winning displays he had at Blackburn. Lost all ability to save a penalty when he was with us aswell.

Laursen is actually very similar to Milner for me, both had great seasons when they really were the heartbeat of the team and we massively struggled when both weren't playing for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

No thanks to Messi. I don't want a tax fraud in my team, no way. I want players who are in bed by 8pm, iron their moms clothes, don't drink and don't swear.

Oh, and no sex before marriage!

So I guess that also rules out Ronaldo and two of my summer signings wish list have bitten the dust before the end of June as a result! :D

Traore 'never worked out' because he spent most of his time here and at Middlesbrough warming the bench under negative, unadventurous managers.

Whoever signs him will be getting a player with huge potential who already can swing a game almost single-handedly.

Edited by Michael118

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Traore 'never worked out' because he spent most of his time here and at Middlesbrough warming the bench under negative, unadventurous managers.

Whoever signs him will be getting a player with huge potential who already can swing a game almost single-handedly.

He had more than enough chances at boro which just cemented the fact the kid is purely a sprinter. 27 appearances, with him getting a good 11 / 12 full games on the bounce.

0 goals and 0 assists. Actually I think he got 1 assist.

I find your player ratings genuinely entertaining. As how you have Bacuna and Traore down as good players is utterly baffling to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

For what it's worth I always quite liked Traore, in a different point in our history he could've been good and fitted in well... he was exciting to watch, young and athletic. Shame it didn't work out but I wish him the best.

Well I don't. In case you've forgotten the way he departed, after making one substitute appearance, he then refused, at the last minute, to get suited for a game because he didn't want to play in the Championship and forced a transfer. He allowed RDM to believe he would stay all summer only to jump ship at the last moment when it was difficult or impossible to replace him, and forced his transfer in the most unprofessional way possible (essentially by going on strike). I think he's a complete chunt and I hope his career is a complete disaster. 

44 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

0 goals and 0 assists. Actually I think he got 1 assist.

It bounced off his arse and he didn't know it had happened, but yes he managed one assist despite playing a clear majority of games. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I haven't been in here very much - are we currently linked with anyone except Terry?

13 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

The part that 19 is too young. Agreed that nobody should be relying on a 19 year old but we have enough talent in the squad that we wouldn't be relying on him.

I'd much rather see us playing Green that springing cash on the likes of Downing.

I think Green showed me enough in his few games last season that he is more than capable. 

• Like 2