Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Villan4Life

Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

Chester, Taylor, Ledley - just need a welsh forward. 

Who's that bloke now.....ermmmm, Gareth something... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, terrytini said:

For most his time here Delph was injured or average.

He had some good spells but there is nowhere near enough about him to make me the least interested in him coming back. 

I see no connection whatsoever between signing Terry and trying to sign Delph.

you're talking about fabian delph right? our former player of the year. got a move to man city to challenge for the title. you wouldn't be interested in him when we've just finished 13TH in the championship?

r u ok lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

For most his time here Delph was injured or average.

He had some good spells but there is nowhere near enough about him to make me the least interested in him coming back. 

I see no connection whatsoever between signing Terry and trying to sign Delph.

I imagine he wants to sign for us as much as we want him back. He really is somebody who is stagnating as a player on the bench. Now he is the example of a player you could do better than with half the wages, not Terry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe we're planning the worlds largest selection of right backs.

And all of them shit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

you're talking about fabian delph right? our former player of the year. got a move to man city to challenge for the title. you wouldn't be interested in him when we've just finished 13TH in the championship?

r u ok lol

That's true. But I think most of us on VT could have won POTY in that team. Also I may be wrong but how many games did he actually contribute in his 'challenge' for the title? I feel it was another case of big teams buying smaller teams better players for the sake of it. Let's not forget the mighty Scott Sinclair 'challenged' for the title at City.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ledley would be a great signing. Good rotation with Mile. For free too.

Terry would be better on 60k.. still have my doubts about how many games he can play though 

We are not going for Elmo. We have so many RB and surely we can find a better winger..if Bruce plans to use him further forward?

We need a winger.. Young on loan would be nice but unrealistic. 

Maybe a young back up left back for when Amavi goes.. or is cissohko back?

A good keeper and were set. Don't want too many signings as I would like Green and RHM to get some game time this season.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

you're talking about fabian delph right? our former player of the year. got a move to man city to challenge for the title. you wouldn't be interested in him when we've just finished 13TH in the championship?

r u ok lol

Yup.

Nothing special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

That's true. But I think most of us on VT could have won POTY in that team. Also I may be wrong but how many games did he actually contribute in his 'challenge' for the title? I feel it was another case of big teams buying smaller teams better players for the sake of it. Let's not forget the mighty Scott Sinclair 'challenged' for the title at City.

he won player of the year over benteke, and every single villa fan would have him back. my point was that a team in the champions league deemed him good enough to play a part for them. we're a championship side, and a very average one.

come on now

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

he won player of the year over benteke, and every single villa fan would have him back. my point was that a team in the champions league deemed him good enough to play a part for them. we're a championship side, and a very average one.

come on now

 

 

I as a villa fan, and many others on here, would not take him back. Also, as I said, what has he done to contribute? How many games has he played? They deemed him good enough to purchase but not good enough to actually play? Teams in the top 6 often buy players from lower teams then never play them. Do I think he's good enough to play for us? Of course, he might be bang average but we're mid table championship. I wouldn't want him back because I think he's a snake. But even taking that aside, the fact that me and you are debating this is the exact proof of what my point was, that him coming back would cause turmoil amongst the fans, something we really don't need any more of.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I as a villa fan, and many others on here, would not take him back. Also, as I said, what has he done to contribute? How many games has he played? They deemed him good enough to purchase but not good enough to actually play? Teams in the top 6 often buy players from lower teams then never play them. Do I think he's good enough to play for us? Of course, he might be bang average but we're mid table championship. I wouldn't want him back because I think he's a snake. But even taking that aside, the fact that me and you are debating this is the exact proof of what my point was, that him coming back would cause turmoil amongst the fans, something we really don't need any more of.

turmoil amongst the fans! really? we are as fickle as players and a few good performances and we'll be chanting his name again.  For me, I'd rather have somebody like Delph with his ability that I also dislike because of the way he left us than some average banged up midfielder.  The reason why, is that I care about Aston Villa and not the individuals and I believe that Delph at this level would be easily one of the best players in the championship and that is the only reason I care about because we need to get promoted.

 

If we were comfortably in the PL and talking about players then my thoughts maybe different but for now, where we are, we need quality and he has more than we currently have.  Despite buying some really good midfielders recently, he is far better than any of those and therefore if a chance to get him (despite his past history with us) because some good performances from him and we'd be singing his name again.  

 

Then we get promoted, he says he would never leave us again, a week later he's sitting on Chelsea's bench with splitters in his back side and again we'll be wondering what happened BUT we'll be back in the PL where we are supposed to be.  That is a better scenario than another midfielder whose really good in the championship but really just another slot in our 25 man team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry is a massive name, if we get it done other players will think if terry can somewhere like villa why can't we?

lets just hope this doesn't turn into another pires...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rob182 said:

When you consider that we're probably paying Gabby, Richards and Hutton close to £60k each (maybe £40k-£50k), £60k for Terry for a year is a no-brainer.

 

£100k p/w would be a silly amount, but I could stomach it if we got promoted and he then left. But £70k p/w or lower for one season is what I'd consider acceptable, considering that there is a small risk that he'll be dreadful or get injured.

very good point...  not to mention I think we signed Mile on 40k as well didn't we?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fair to say that the Villa Park dressing room resembles my garage at the moment. Lots of stuff taking up space that I bought and either never used or decided wasn't any good. Items that I have kept just on the off-chance they might come in handy one day and others...well just for sentimental reasons. Now I'm thinking of buying some more stuff that some may think is a waste of money before I've got rid of the items I don't really need anymore!

Life's a conundrum don't you think?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nick76 said:

turmoil amongst the fans! really? we are as fickle as players and a few good performances and we'll be chanting his name again.  For me, I'd rather have somebody like Delph with his ability that I also dislike because of the way he left us than some average banged up midfielder.  The reason why, is that I care about Aston Villa and not the individuals and I believe that Delph at this level would be easily one of the best players in the championship and that is the only reason I care about because we need to get promoted.

 

If we were comfortably in the PL and talking about players then my thoughts maybe different but for now, where we are, we need quality and he has more than we currently have.  Despite buying some really good midfielders recently, he is far better than any of those and therefore if a chance to get him (despite his past history with us) because some good performances from him and we'd be singing his name again.  

 

Then we get promoted, he says he would never leave us again, a week later he's sitting on Chelsea's bench with splitters in his back side and again we'll be wondering what happened BUT we'll be back in the PL where we are supposed to be.  That is a better scenario than another midfielder whose really good in the championship but really just another slot in our 25 man team.

Maybe 'turmoil' wasn't the best description, but I get what he means. Delph left us and immediately became 'the snake'. So many fans would be against the signing, that it would cause disagreements (which is part and parcel of football, I suppose).

 

There are plenty of talented midfielders out there who have not previously left a club just to get a trophy whilst sitting on the bench (and would also command significantly lower wages than him). It smacks of a player who has lost the drive to actually play football. Have a look at how many of Man City's players have left them to do diddly squat. They get their big payday, they spend a season or two on the bench, lose their place in their international side, and then start weighing up whether they need to actually start playing football again? "Oh but I won that trophy, so it must have been worth it". No thanks, Fabian Delph is further away from my shortlist than Steve Sidwell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Christopher Samba and bringing John Carew out of retirement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Proper Twilight Zone on here....

Last season around this time, people were excited about signing Tommy Elphick.

This year they are moaning about potentially signing John Terry..... :wacko:

Spot on!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was a chance of having Fabian Delph back at Villa we would be taking him regardless of the way he left. He would comfortably be the best midfielder at the club and would more than improve our chance of promotion. He has the drive that we have missed over the last 2 seasons.

That being said there is no chance he is going to be dropping a division to sign for us. Neither is Ashley Young...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry is a massive name, if we get it done other players will think if terry can somewhere like villa why can't we?

lets just hope this doesn't turn into another pires...

Yes xia has got this one right , bringing in RDM was a mistake despite his apparently being well known in china as some have said - with terry you are getting a man who is known by most fans around the world and it certainly promotes our club in that way - it's a big signing even though he's past his best and as you say may convince others to join us and enjoy the ride to  premiership.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â