Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ahead of Bacuna? I'd keep Gabby, Gardner, Hutton, Elphick, McCormack, Cissokho and Gil.

Out of those I'd really only like to keep Elphick, and even then just as cover, and probably Gil if he wanted to play here. But ahead of Bacuna is a different question.

I'd take Hutton, Elphick and Gil ahead of Bacuna - the rest are absolutely woeful (McCormack in terms of attitude, I guess) and also on high wages.  Bacuna can cover a variety of positions too.

Good, be great to have a settled side come next seaso for once.

in saying that those 2 or 3 need to be quality replacements.

i also wonder if they count Johnstone as one of those?

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It should be a fairly quiet summer for once 

Ought to mean some of our out on loan players will be back.

Otherwise we will be light in midfield and GK.

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

I need to be careful posting in here.  Last time out I wanted Jedinak and Hourihane, and they happened.  So it's clear the upper echelons are hanging on my every word.  I'll go away and have a think and I'll come back in due course with who will definitely be signing for us in the summer.

*(Whispers in @BOF's ear .... Benteke... Milner... Gerrard)

• Like 2

Like the tweet above says I'd expect 2-3 first team players at most to supplement this seasons acquisitions. Along with potential return loan players in Vertout or Gil. 

Then I'd hope 2-3 young prospects for the future similar to  Bedeau to supplement,  like the lad Watkins at Exeter we've been linked with and the lad from Chester Hughes ? 

I'm sure it won't be many, but there may also be an element of playing down our wishes so we don't get our trousers pulled down in negotiations.  If more targets come available at the right price / decent offers come in for players down the pecking order, I could see us buying a couple more than that.

4 hours ago, sne said:

That would leave us with about £120k/w worth of RB's sitting on the bench and in the stands.

Shocking waste of money, more than most clubs in the world.

At least 2 have to go.

Bree can play at centre-back, and De Laet can play across the back four. 

Richards of course is complete toss, but nobody is going to solve this problem for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bree can play at centre-back, and De Laet can play across the back four. 

Richards of course is complete toss, but nobody is going to solve this problem for us. 

Exactly. 

We will undoubtedly try to move a couple of them on if we can. But it's not going to be Hutton, Steve clearly loves him. Richards is on stupid money for his ability and won't have played football all season, De Laet will have missed an entire year too. 

Who is going to buy them? I've no idea. It's also very hard to portion blame, we might just have to suck it up and hopefully it will sort itself out in time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ahead of Bacuna? I'd keep Gabby, Gardner, Hutton, Elphick, McCormack, Cissokho and Gil.

Out of those I'd really only like to keep Elphick, and even then just as cover, and probably Gil if he wanted to play here. But ahead of Bacuna is a different question.

Gabby would be bottom of my list, the guys a waste of oxygen and his wages are killing us. McCormack has the same attitude as gabby so as far as I am concerned he can do one. 

Gardner I don't rate at all. Elphick is one I don't know what's happened. Started well and looked like a real passionate lion. But that mistake I think it was Newcastle or wolves since then he has been dreadful most games. Cissokho is a terrible a leftback nothing much more to say about him.

Hutton perhaps improved a lot recently, but is it a coincidence that his contract is up in summer? And I may be mistaken isn't he 32? 

I rate gil but he don't wanna be here so rather he left on that basis

We need to invest in a first choice keeper and centre half to play with Chester. I'd also like to see another central midfielder to provide genuine competition for Hourihane/ Lansbury. If we start with two up front next season then we will also need cover up front, perhaps a loan signing in that area would be a good idea. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gabby would be bottom of my list, the guys a waste of oxygen and his wages are killing us. McCormack has the same attitude as gabby so as far as I am concerned he can do one. 

Gardner I don't rate at all. Elphick is one I don't know what's happened. Started well and looked like a real passionate lion. But that mistake I think it was Newcastle or wolves since then he has been dreadful most games. Cissokho is a terrible a leftback nothing much more to say about him.

Hutton perhaps improved a lot recently, but is it a coincidence that his contract is up in summer? And I may be mistaken isn't he 32? 

I rate gil but he don't wanna be here so rather he left on that basis

Well like I said, I'd probably not keep any of them. 

But if the choice was them or Bacuna, I'd choose to keep most of them.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

I need to be careful posting in here.  Last time out I wanted Jedinak and Hourihane, and they happened.  So it's clear the upper echelons are hanging on my every word.  I'll go away and have a think and I'll come back in due course with who will definitely be signing for us in the summer.

It was a late January evening. I stood in an unlit bathroom, staring into the mirror. I spoke Henri Lansbury's name. Three times. I then went off to bed.

That morning, I found out we signed Johnstone. Bugger.

Tried again later, this time with Messi's name.

We signed Lansbury.

• Like 2

Yep I'm hoping it's a fairly quiet transfer period to be honest because we need players to settle and get used to each other.  A few key acquisitions and maybe a few back up players should see us well for next season promotion push.  

We have some of the best players from recent seasons of the Championship and hopefully over the next five months they gel in time for the start of the new season.

I think someone else touched upon it that wyness is probably trying to play down our spending this summer so we don't get overpriced rubbish. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 4/5 come in with lots of departures. Either way, I don't see us signing anyone without it being a big improvement on what we already have.