Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gallagher would be a good signing but it would indicate the style of play we will be using. He looks decent in the air but from the little I saw of him he seemed to have attributes above just being a guy to lump it to. 

This would also be an admission of failure on the panic purchase of Scott Hogan. 

Quite agreed, signing Gallagher clearly equals Bruce out. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

I think it might help Hogan as it would give him a big target man to play alongside and feed off who from what I have seen of him could hold the ball up well enough to make him reasonably effective for us. 

We paid £12 million for Hogan, we shouldn't have to sign another striker months later to make him look anything but useless. 

Wether it's to replace or play with I think it's an admission that the Hogan signing has been horribly wrong at this point. 

Gestede is not very good, but you think he might have done a job in a Steve Bruce side. Anyway it would be a good to have a  striker that is a- not injured, b- not past it, c- not horribly out of form , or d-not on speaking terms with the manager. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, John said:

I think it might help Hogan as it would give him a big target man to play alongside and feed off who from what I have seen of him could hold the ball up well enough to make him reasonably effective for us. 

assuming that Bruce decides to play them at the same time...   im sure there was a saying about making assumptions

6 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Just watched the Sam Gallagher clips on YouTube. Looks a very good player and exactly what we need! 

I was very impressed when we played Blackburn. 

Strong, good in the air but looked to have a good touch and a bit of pace as well. 

Would absolutely love this signing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We paid £12 million for Hogan, we shouldn't have to sign another striker months later to make him look anything but useless. 

Wether it's to replace or play with I think it's an admission that the Hogan signing has been horribly wrong at this point. 

I agree Hogan has not made the best of starts with us but his injury did not help and we have missed Kodjia who has not in any case seemed to be the ideal match to play alongside him. Gallagher would offer a different type of option up front similar to that we had looked for Gestede to provide but hopefully a significant improvement on him. I still hope that the Hogan signing in time will prove to be money well spent and the addition of Gallagher if we beat Derby to the player will be a significant step forward in getting to that point. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John said:

I agree Hogan has not made the best of starts with us but his injury did not help and we have missed Kodjia who has not in any case seemed to be the ideal match to play alongside him. Gallagher would offer a different type of option up front similar to that we had looked for Gestede to provide but hopefully a significant improvement on him. I still hope that the Hogan signing in time will prove to be money well spent and the addition of Gallagher if we beat Derby to the player will be a significant step forward in getting to that point. 

Get Dean Smith in and watch Hogan transform along with was it Hourihane?

We don't need a striker.

WE NEED ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS. Am I the only one that can see this? 

Or let's sign Gallagher and have him feed off the creativitiy provided out wide by the likes of Hutton, Agbonlahor, Green and Bjarnasson.

F****** morons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We don't need a striker.

WE NEED ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS. Am I the only one that can see this? 

Or let's sign Gallagher and have him feed off the creativitiy provided out wide by the likes of Hutton, Agbonlahor, Green and Bjarnasson.

F****** morons.

Lansbury, Hourihane and Bjarnason all managed to get goals at every other club they have been to............

Bruce: No truth in Colback (thank god)

confirmed his interest in Gallagher. Very interesting! 

Bruce on transfers

On Sam Gallagher: “Every club in the Championship has been linked with him. It’s something we’re looking at us. He interests us yes.

On Jack Wilshere: “Nothing in it.

On Jack Colback “I don’t know where that has come from.”

Click

• Like 2