Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

That Jota at Brentford looks a good attacking midfielder. He's scored 12 and got 5 assists this season as an attacking midfielder. Not sure how much he would cost but at 25 he would have sell-on value if he doesn't work out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Just wait till you see him for Newcastle next season against better strikers and more pressure from midfield, then he turns shite again

You know what league WE are in right?

*Even if your comment were proved accurate

• Like 1

Birmingham Mail reporting we're interested in Chelsea's Jamaican defender Michael hector, who is currently in loan at eintract frankfurt.

24yrs old and 6'4 tall. They bought him from Reading in 2015.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Birmingham Mail reporting we're interested in Chelsea's Jamaican defender Michael hector, who is currently in loan at eintract frankfurt.

Chelsea sign a defender, never play him and now he is available for transfer? 400% mark up and a transfer to Sunderland surely?

• Like 2

On 25/04/2017 at 15:46, kurtsimonw said:

We need a first team keeper. Don't rate Johnstone still and someone with a bit more command about him in the box would be better for us. At the back, I think we just need a big CB for cover as Baker's injury record isn't great, then I'd get in backup for Taylor as well, Amavi is horrific and we ship loads of goals whenever he plays there. Left winger and an attacking midfielder are probably the two main areas of need in the first team, it'll give us a few options too. Then a backup for Jedinak. Would be nice to have another option up top. 

I see that as 7 players, only half are first teamers. 

Well that would be nothing short of a disaster a guarantee another failed season.  Stability is vital this summer.  3 new players max with a keeper only if johnston wont stay. 

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He played for my local team Horsham for a couple of months as a youngster, in which time he got sent off three times.  Hopefully he's calmed down a bit since then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I'd love to have a Hector in the team! Then we could sing one of my favourite Morrissey songs about Hector in the first of the gang to die. Should probably change the ending of the text though... 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd love to have a Hector in the team! Then we could sing one of my favourite Morrissey songs about Hector in the first of the gang to die. Should probably change the ending of the text though... 

This seems like a question for trivia fans, or possibly the Guardian's 'Knowledge' column: have any fans ever before attempted to turn the music of noted Mancunian miserabilist Morrissey into a chant before? 

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:30, KSV said:

Thought he signed a 2 year deal last season? 

Anyway.. i think we need another striker.. maybe a cheapie who has potential and happy to sit on the bench?

Kodjia Hogan RHM and ??? Gabby should go now. McCormack will go id imagine. 

Jamie Maclaren plays for Brisbane Roar.. cusp of Australian International side.. hes a massive Villa fan. 38 goals in 50 games for them. Just a lethal finisher. Hasnt been called up too often as he is still developing his game.. but if Bruce and co can get him.. could turn him into a proper goal machine. 23 years old. 

technically not good enough imo

21 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Just wait till you see him for Newcastle next season against better strikers and more pressure from midfield, then he turns shite again

you mean in the premier league where we failed miserably to get to?

So based on all Your comments to me writing that Cieran Clark will turn shit again, Yes I know what division we are in, but do You seriously mean/think that he was responsible for Newcastle getting promoted or that we would have gained promotion if we still had him in our team?

2 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

So based on all Your comments to me writing that Cieran Clark will turn shit again, Yes I know what division we are in, but do You seriously mean/think that he was responsible for Newcastle getting promoted or that we would have gained promotion if we still had him in our team?

No and no.

But I'm still of the belief that he's a decent defender and is better than Nathan Baker. He'll continue to do well-to-alright at Newcastle. 

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

Clark is absolutely fine as a defender and will be fine in the Premier League, too. 

He is an ok defender, but, in my opinion, wasn't good for us and made a lot of mistakes. We did the right thing in selling him. But lets see how he performs for Newcastle this coming season.

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Hector was the first of the gang
with a gun in his hand
and the first to do time
the first of the gang to die
Such a silly boy

Hector was the first of the gang
with a gun in his hand
and a bullet in his gullet
and the first lost lad
to go under the sod

*could be fake news;)

EDIT - Keener Window Cleaner beat me to it, but didn't post the lyrics... We have to sing a Morrissey/Smiths song as a chant one day...

Edited by Raver50032

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He's played a decent amount in the Bundesliga this season so would imagine he'd be decent in the championship.

Hasn't seen much of Frankfurt though.

• Like 1