Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On 6/28/2017 at 15:34, sharkyvilla said:

I swear the scout they send to watch us deserves a knighthood.  To be fair, Johnstone may turn into a decent keeper one day.  Hopefully we can find someone solid for not much.

My guess is......some clubs will have looked at the stats and all the clean sheets......and not necessarily looked at the technique of the goal keeping.

However, I would have favoured going in to the new season with him, based on the fact he has had x months getting to know all our players.....and he did appear to be getting better all round.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattjpa said:

Not sure if mentioned previously but Yousuf Mulumbu has been released by the baggies and is being linked if we fail to sign Joe Ledley. 30yo defensive midfielder

Mulumbu!giphy.gif

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Middlesbrough have gone about this all wrong, they usually let us buy the player... make him crap... then buy him off us...

New manager now.....He's taken out the middleman.:)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

as they say 60 is the new 40

is 30 in football the new 25/27?

Players do seem to be operating much longer in the modern game.

I think that's just to be expected as treatment and healthcare technologies advance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

as they say 60 is the new 40

is 30 in football the new 25/27?

Players do seem to be operating much longer in the modern game.

And first choice keepers are becoming younger and younger too.  I remember a time when keepers weren't worth a damn 'til they were at least 28.  Now in the past few years you've any amount of keepers breaking into first teams as babbies.  Courtois, de Gea, Donnarumma, Oblak, Pickford.  Mad I tells ya.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattjpa said:

Not sure if mentioned previously but Yousuf Mulumbu has been released by the baggies and is being linked if we fail to sign Joe Ledley. 30yo defensive midfielder

Sure you don't mean he has been released by Norwich? He is always injured so a massive no from me

5 hours ago, TRO said:

My guess is......some clubs will have looked at the stats and all the clean sheets......and not necessarily looked at the technique of the goal keeping.

However, I would have favoured going in to the new season with him, based on the fact he has had 12 months getting to know all our players.....and he did appear to be getting better all round.

Seeing as we got him in January, its 5 months not 12

Completely agree with the first line though, he didn't really do much to earn those clean sheets - stats definitely make him a better player than he actually is. 

7 hours ago, AVFC44 said:

It has been reported that Middlesbrough have agreed a fee for him. 

Junxs asked "where did you hear this" could you give us the source of this report?

Could Boro have simply matched our bid to leave the player with the choice of who to move to? Have we actually made a bid for him or did we try to take him on loan again and could this lead to us matching their bid before a deal to Boro actually happens (if we have yet to bid for him)? If we bid or have already bid for him will the bright lights of Middlesbrough turn his head and have they offered him a better wage/signing on fee than we are or would be prepared to? Time may tell...  

• Like 1

I've said it so many times people are probably getting bored of hearing it but I wouldn't be shocked to see McGregor turn up over the next few weeks. 

Experienced, promoted with Bruce previously, 36 years old and possibly looking for a final season or 2 where he's first choice. Did well on loan at Cardiff second half of last season and unlikely to push ahead of either Marshall or Japkovic, although I'd be happy any of those 3 to be honest. 

Also, having looked at Hull's current retained squad, and with Amavi on the way out, I would love us to go all out and try get Robertson. If we play a 5 at the back formation next year he'd be young still and ideal 

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1