Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I think you're confusing 'passion' with 'leadership skills'. 

I think he's misunderstood by fans. His 'laid back' approach misinterpreted as lazy or uncommitted which couldn't be further from the truth. I see him as a player who would work as hard as anyone. Keeping a 'laid back' mindset also I believe promotes creativity which is important for the role he plays.

I think you're confusing 'passion' with 'petulance'. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gosh, last few pages is all talk about Bacuna and Terry - they both have their own threads. I want my 10 minutes back.

Ha ha says you talking about Terry in the Dr Xia thread 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Terry looks absolutely nailed on. 

........bet your hoping its a cross:D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, KSV said:

This guy reliable? worked for the Echo or something previously.

BREAKING: Aston Villa set to announce a double signing tomorrow. Fantastic bit of business done by Bruce. #avfc

Terry and??

a quick flick through his other tweets suggest this is bullshit.

Edited by Mjvilla

I'd be amazed if Terry signs for anyone this early in the window, but especially for a club in the Championship. 

You'd think he'd wait around till there's a few weeks in the window left and see what offers come his way.

Kinda hope we don't sign him to be honest. That's nothing against him personally though I'm not a fan of his, and not to say he wasn't a great player, but at his age, the wages he'd be on and the current state of our squad, I just don't think he's the answer. We need to bring in players further up the pitch and a solid goalkeeper, defence is arguably our strongest area. 

If he does join I hope we have plans to strengthen in the positions we really need it though the reported lack of funds is worrying.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-24 at 17:01, Michael118 said:

He could easily make RB his own and it wouldn't take much for him to develop into a quality RM. 

He's an excellent cross, has good vision, is strong, quick, versatile, passionate & spirited, can take a free kick and is solid enough defensively. They are good qualities to build on if you're an attacking defender or midfielder.  

His form at the end of 14/15 when he was hitting Benteke with crosses which lead to a number of important goals in my view was the form of a midtable Premier League player. I thought he was only getting started as well. He went backwards the following season but so did all our players. He gets a seriously raw deal from our fans imo.

Bacuna's whoscored.com rating for the season 14/15 was 6.54 the LOWEST rating out of any of his seasons at Villa. Whatever it is you see, you're the only one who sees it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I'd be amazed if Terry signs for anyone this early in the window, but especially for a club in the Championship. 

You'd think he'd wait around till there's a few weeks in the window left and see what offers come his way.

Kinda hope we don't sign him to be honest. That's nothing against him personally though I'm not a fan of his, and not to say he wasn't a great player, but at his age, the wages he'd be on and the current state of our squad, I just don't think he's the answer. We need to bring in players further up the pitch and a solid goalkeeper, defence is arguably our strongest area. 

If he does join I hope we have plans to strengthen in the positions we really need it though the reported lack of funds is worrying.

Its interesting to hear different views.....I think He is right to be looking at the back, here is my reasoning:

• Statistically you would naturally think we have been defensively good, but equally your attacks should start at the back too.....thats what good teams do.
  • We have sat too deep because we have not been good enough with the ball ( presumably ) to push out from defence and push the midfield forward.....Our defenders have basically been glorified stoppers......We have merely defended in NUMBERS and that has had a negative effect on our midfield and forwards
  • We need defenders of a higher calibre who can help the midfield dictate play and help close the gaps that the opposition want to exploit.....and we have to deny them that.
  • Players in the past like Macca, Southgate, Eghiogu, Jonssen, Laursen, Mellberg, were able to dominate their position and NOT just stop goals.The most natural tendency on a football field is to sit deep and defend and in order to move forward without creating gaping holes is reliant on good defenders who can play too.

No I think Steve Bruce is barking up the right tree.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4