Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Some would say that 4 seasons and 100+ games (not even close to 200 mind)  for us is enough to form an opinion.

Then again, why are we, me included discussing Bacuna in this thread?

I'm not talking about the length of time it takes/has taken to form an opinion the player, or even just about Bacuna.

It happens with alot of our players, even newer ones, once they have a bad run of games.

Check out the Hogan thread for instance.

People want to throw them away before we have replacements proven to be better or as useful.

Forgetting we need backup at the very least.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Bacuna is the absolute poster boy for the neglectful, disinterested owner Randy Lerner. He represents that entire era of Faulkner and cheap gambles in the transfer market that ultimately failed miserably. About one game in 20 he looks like he could be useful but the majority of his games are marked by sloppiness in passing, marking and positioning.

In my life-time Aston Villa has had some great midfielders such as Cowans & Platt. We've also had some high quality and exciting players that were fantastic to watch e.g. Tony Daley, Kevin Richardson, Ray Houghton, Andy Townsend, Gareth Barry, & Ashley Young.

Bacuna is an absolute joke compared to any of those players. It makes me livid that he acts like a spoilt brat/petulant child when he's not meant to take a free-kick and his other BS antics. He's so lucky he's even anywhere close to our great club and it's only testament to Lerner's abysmal ownership that he is. The sooner he's gone from Villa the better and I for one will be very thankful when that day comes.

Don't disagree that he can't hold a candle to the players you listed but he was hardly a gamble. Didn't he cost something like £1m?

46 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I think you're confusing 'passion' with 'leadership ability'. 

I think he's misunderstood by fans. His 'laid back' approach misinterpreted as lazy or uncommitted which couldn't be further from the truth. I see him as a player who would work as hard as anyone. Keeping a 'laid back' mindset also I believe promotes creativity which is important for the role he plays.

I'm sorry, I can't agree when you've put 'bacuna' and 'creativity' in the same argument.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love how people are so quick to throw our players away.

Yet if and when we have an injury crisis like we did last year, Jack of all Trade players like him come in handy.

He has had alot of poor games, which coincided with the whole team being poor.

However he is no where near as useless as everyone makes out.

You can't have a first 11 of 25.

I do think he's one of the worst players we've had for a few years. He excels at nothing, and he's lazy most of the time, also he has a terrible habit of giving the ball away. But you'll hear no argument from me in regards to his adaptability, he can be shoehorned into several positions quite easily which is useful. Also, the fact that we payed something like £1million for him means I think we've definitely had our money's worth just during the times when we have had injuries. My issue is with the post saying he's premier league quality who would improve teams such as West Ham and Newcastle. It's laughable at best.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love how people are so quick to throw our players away.

Yet if and when we have an injury crisis like we did last year, Jack of all Trade players like him come in handy.

He has had alot of poor games, which coincided with the whole team being poor.

However he is no where near as useless as everyone makes out.

You can't have a first 11 of 25.

Not useless, i just think Bruce playing him instead of Hourihane was bad, Bacuna is ok as back up and has a decent engine when he tries. But shouldn't be a starter.

54 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I'm sorry, I can't agree when you've put 'bacuna' and 'creativity' in the same argument.

Oh come on Craig, he got one assist in 2139 minutes of game time this season - he's clearly the Curacaoan Iniesta. 

• Like 1

Another declared shite by the Villa faithful seems to have shown enough potential for Premier League clubs to take a punt. Including the Champions if it is not bollox.

Newcastle United to battle Chelsea for Aston Villa flop

Newcastle United are the latest Premier League club to declare an interest in Aston Villa flop Adama Traore.

Traore, 21, is already said to be attracting interest from Chelsea and West Ham United and now Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez is also keen, according to the Daily Mail.

The Spanish winger arrived at Villa Park two years ago from Barcelona but only made a handful of appearances under Tim Sherwood, Remi Garde and Eric Black as the claret and blues were relegated from the Premier League.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another declared shite by the Villa faithful seems to have shown enough potential for Premier League clubs to take a punt. Including the Champions if it is not bollox.

Just don't see it with traore.

awful for us, not much better for boro (under a Spanish speaking manager) and don't see him improving.

everyone likes pacey players but that's all he has.

saying that I'd love him to be moved on for mega bucks as we'd have a sell on fee incoming!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

every time i said anything remotely positive about Traore or any regrets on him being good somewhere else i was shouted off the boards by angry people wielding pitchforks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

every time i said anything remotely positive about Traore or any regrets on him being good somewhere else i was shouted off the boards by angry people wielding pitchforks

Someone's a little sensitive today ;) :D

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Someone's a little sensitive today ;) :D

Not today, but back when i actually had the bare faced audacity to say he looked decent on some highlights of one game last season.

He is still nowhere near the finished article and may never be, but there is a small chance he could do well for someone.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

But back on track, does anyone think we will actually sign Whelan or Terry?

Is Bruce after more experience?

Apparently Alan Nixon tweeted something along the lines of Terry being nailed on and announced shortly. So we will see.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Alan Nixon tweeted something along the lines of Terry being nailed on and announced shortly. So we will see.

Interesting.

I hate the guy, but can't deny we need experience, grit and even attitude, as we are still too spineless.

Having Whelan, Jed and Terry in the side would mean we had experience and players who would kick the other's into shape.

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

WAS he any good for us? Also, if I remember correctly, he wanted to leave after we dropped down.

Transfers

I'm all for Terry, not so much Whelan. All I ask is that we bring someone in who we trust enough to play the DM role so that CH and HL can attack more. Not fussed with left wing, I want to see Green starting games this season.