Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He could easily make RB his own and it wouldn't take much for him to develop into a quality RM. 

He's an excellent cross, has good vision, is strong, quick, versatile, passionate & spirited, can take a free kick and is solid enough defensively. They are good qualities to build on if you're an attacking defender or midfielder.  

His form at the end of 14/15 when he was hitting Benteke with crosses which lead to a number of important goals in my view was the form of a midtable Premier League player. I thought he was only getting started as well. He went backwards the following season but so did all our players. He gets a seriously raw deal from our fans imo.

Bacuna genuinely doesn't have any of those attributes. I don't think people are trying to put your opinion down, he just simply doesn't have them. I think you've been watching a different player. Look closer, does the shirt say Adomah? 

41 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Bacuna genuinely doesn't have any of those attributes. I don't think people are trying to put your opinion down, he just simply doesn't have them. I think you've been watching a different player. Look closer, does the shirt say Adomah? 

We all see different things in different players. I personally don't rate Adomah at all and wouldn't say he was strong in most of those areas if we're rating him by Premier League standards.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

Form is temporary and he is more often than not a poor player. He has shown some glimpses of talent, for sure, but he has never sustained a level that could be considered good enough to start in the Prem. 

He's 25 and still doesn't really have an established position that he's good in. I'd let him go for free. 

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Form is temporary and he is more often than not a poor player. He has shown some glimpses of talent, for sure, but he has never sustained a level that could be considered good enough to start in the Prem. 

He's 25 and still doesn't really have an established position that he's good in. I'd let him go for free. 

You could say a similar thing about Albrighton, Clark, Gueye, Westwood and others.

Bacuna falls into the same category for me. At the right club or under a different manager things would fall into place for him.

32 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

We all see different things in different players. I personally don't rate Adomah at all and wouldn't say he was strong in most of those areas if we're rating him by Premier League standards.

Adomah got more assists last season than Bacuna has in his whole Villa career lol And Leandro's glittering 213 appearances have culminated in a whopping 7 goals, now Adomah did only get 3 himself but I'm sure after 213 games for us he'd be above 7. I assume you only call him passionate because he pushed a linesman over, because the amount of times I've seen him give the ball away in our 3rd of the pitch to only walk back instead of chasing the man and ultimately watch the keeper picking the ball out of the net suggests he doesn't give much of a shit.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

Adomah got more assists last season than Bacuna has in his whole Villa career lol And Leandro's glittering 213 appearances have culminated in a whopping 7 goals, now Adomah did only get 3 himself but I'm sure after 213 games for us he'd be above 7. I assume you only call him passionate because he pushed a linesman over, because the amount of times I've seen him give the ball away in our 3rd of the pitch to only walk back instead of chasing the man and ultimately watch the keeper picking the ball out of the bet suggests he doesn't give much of a shit.

Adomah has spent most of his career in the Championship and League Two. He hasn't had an assist at Premier League level. Bacuna lead our assists in 14/15 with 5 from 10 starts which lead to 4 goals from Benteke and 1 from Cleverley. Our next best that season was Delph who had 3 assists from 27 starts.

I call him passionate because he plays with desire. A rare and underrated quality.

Edited by Michael118

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

People keep getting my hopes up by talking about Bacuna in the 'transfer speculation' thread . . . I'd accept literally any offer to be rid of him, he's shit and totally toxic. 

I'll give the Villa £20, a box of ferrero roscher with only one missing and a photo of Demi Rose my mate has taped to the wall at work. I think it's a good offer and I need somebody to wash my car.

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Adomah has spent most of his career in the Championship and League Two. He hasn't had an assist at Premier League level. Bacuna lead our assists in 14/15 with 5 from 10 starts which lead to 4 goals from Benteke and 1 from Cleverly. Our next best that season was Delph who had 3 assists from 27 starts.

I call him passionate because he plays with desire. A rare and underrated quality.

I agree that the period in question was his best time at the Villa, but it certainly didn't last long and has never shown a single glimpse of returning since. Also, you'd be hard pushed to find a single poster on VT, or at Villa park for that matter, who'd agree that Bacuna has played with passion during his time here. Which suggests you might be wrong on this one.

16 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I'll give the Villa £20, a box of ferrero roscher with only one missing and a photo of Demi Rose my mate has taped to the wall at work. I think it's a good offer and I need somebody to wash my car.

He's yours. 

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bacuna falls into the 'useless sack of shit' category not the 'Albrighton category'.

If I ask myself who's been the worst player of the last few years, I think Bacuna. He was a bargain bin buy and he's no more exciting than the equivalent shitty DVD in some village shop selection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

If I ask myself who's been the worst player of the last few years, I think Bacuna. He was a bargain bin buy and he's no more exciting than the equivalent shitty DVD in some village shop selection.

There have been worse but I agree he's up there with them .

44 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I agree that the period in question was his best time at the Villa, but it certainly didn't last long and has never shown a single glimpse of returning since. Also, you'd be hard pushed to find a single poster on VT, or at Villa park for that matter, who'd agree that Bacuna has played with passion during his time here. Which suggests you might be wrong on this one.

I think you're confusing 'passion' with 'leadership ability'. 

I think he's misunderstood by fans. His 'laid back' approach misinterpreted as lazy or uncommitted which couldn't be further from the truth. I see him as a player who would work as hard as anyone. Keeping a 'laid back' mindset also I believe promotes creativity which is important for the role he plays.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

Bacuna is incredibly average, he put in a bit of effort this season just gone which was something at least, but the fact no manager knows where to play him says it all, he can't play midfield or as a winger. He is ok at right back but never gets played there anymore.

I don't rate Adomah massively either, so many games he never takes on or beats anyone and is a passenger. He def has some skills and clearly can get assists but it is odd how sometimes he has no impact on games whatsoever.

• Like 1

He's bang average, but we only paid about a million quid at a time when Randy gave us bugger all to spend so it's not surprising.  Has he really played over 200 games for us?  He's a half decent back up for a few different positions but to my mind he's never far away from doing something laughably shit or ill-disciplined and I'd happily get rid.

I love how people are so quick to throw our players away.

Yet if and when we have an injury crisis like we did last year, Jack of all Trade players like him come in handy.

He has had alot of poor games, which coincided with the whole team being poor.

However he is no where near as useless as everyone makes out.

You can't have a first 11 of 25.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love how people are so quick to throw our players away.

Yet if and when we have an injury crisis like we did last year, Jack of all Trade players like him come in handy.

He has had alot of poor games, which coincided with the whole team being poor.

However he is no where near as useless as everyone makes out.

You can't have a first 11 of 25.

Some would say that 4 seasons and 100+ games (not even close to 200 mind)  for us is enough to form an opinion.

Then again, why are we, me included discussing Bacuna in this thread?

• Like 1