Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Those slagging off Bacuna are probably the same ones who were slagging off Ciaran Clark last season. Embarrassing. We'll see how Clark does at Newcastle this season.

Bacuna has enough natural ability to be a midtable prem midfielder i agree, He has shown it in glimpses. He will never be that because he would need the application of someone like Ronaldo to match it and I just dont think he will ever display that. Occasional petulance, some disinterested games, poor decisions and a lack of natural instinct etc have littered his career here.

There's a clear difference between Clark and Bacuna though, Clark generally played well and was a good defender with a few big mistakes which skewed our perception of him as we saw him all the time. Those mistakes are pretty common for defenders and will generally get ironed out as they get older, which will see him being more consistent and probably good enough for a lower mid table Prem team. Bacuna on the other hand excels at nothing, he's the clearest example of bang average that I've seen for a long time, he's not terrible, he's not great, he's just meh, and seems to have the Billy big boy attitude and thinks he's a superstar. Bacuna will never be more than a Championship player, if he can get himself some consistency as he matures he may end up as a poor man's Milner, and make a name for himself at a semi decent Championship team 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

As we keep talking about old players coming back to us and needing experience at this level I think I saw Peter Whittingham was released by Cardiff.

Signed for Blackburn. 

13 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

As we keep talking about old players coming back to us and needing experience at this level I think I saw Peter Whittingham was released by Cardiff.

Who is going to Blackburn

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Absolutely serious. I think he's midtable Premier League quality with some potential to be better than that if he improved in a few areas.

Seriously, is this a wind up?

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Seriously, is this a wind up?

No I think he's serious.  Although in fairness every midtable Premier League club usually has a Jack of very very few trades master of none in their ranks.  Having one with CL ambition would be a coup.  Shame to lose him etc.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

No I think he's serious.  Although in fairness every midtable Premier League club usually has a Jack of very very few trades master of none in their ranks.  Having one with CL ambition would be a coup.  Shame to lose him etc.

We can't hang on to our best players forever. Especially when he can slot in to so many prem teams and improve them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Heskey. (In context of season expectations)

That was also a bleak moment. What the hell did Heskey do in training; managers loved him... but he was demonstrably rubbish in the pitch.