Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Just now, dounavilla said:

In his last season when he played center midfield I thought he was superb and was thoroughly gutted when he left.

I was so frustrated that MON didn't see earlier that Milner would be better used as a CM.

Was banging on about it for ages. It should have been obvious to anyone who watched him play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

In his last season when he played center midfield I thought he was superb and was thoroughly gutted when he left.

Yes exactly this point, still remember him scoring in his last match. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Yep, I used to get frustrated when he played wide and would keep hitting the backside of the defender four yards in front of him when trying to cross it.  Through the middle he was excellent.  It's a shame since he moved on he's been just a utility player.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Downing told he can go. He wasn't great last year in the Prem but he might prove valuable at championship level over a 48 game period. 

Clicky

No thanks - well past his best , I'd rather see green get a run 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I do think Milner is very overrated by Villa fans if I am honest. He was a decent player with a brilliant engine but never got the hype that he was awesome for us

Come on mate, he's played for city (won the title), played for england, and now is an integral part of Liverpool under Klopp. He was amazing as a CM for us also, it was frustrating he didn't stay to show us what he could do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Downing told he can go. He wasn't great last year in the Prem but he might prove valuable at championship level over a 48 game period. 

Clicky

Really don't fancy us playing 48 games this season, unless you're counting us getting knocked out of both cups at the first attempt   ;)

2 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Clicky

If he's not good enough for Middlesbrough then he's not good enough for us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Clicky

If that were true, then why would Middlesbrough who are now in the championship want to keep him? He is past it. Brough was to get back to the prem, and they felt they don't seen Downing. 

Downing wasn't exactly ripping up the Championship when Boro got promoted either, he was hailed as the missing piece to get them out of it but it was Gaston Ramirez who came in to get them out of the shit when Downing did his usual bottle job.

Good player in his day, but very much infulfilled. Either he had serious motivation issues or he was just a bit of a wimp.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he's not good enough for Middlesbrough then he's not good enough for us. 

Bert says  Hi

bert.jpg

Edited by swollef
double quote
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do think Milner is very overrated by Villa fans if I am honest. He was a decent player with a brilliant engine but never got the hype that he was awesome for us

Completely disagree.  In my opinion, tough call between him and Barry as to our best central midfielder in the last... however long.  When O'Neill switched him to play there, he was brilliant.

Not only was he brilliant, but he had the attitude to match.  Top guy, ol' Jimmy Milner.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, swollef said:

Bert says  Hi

The difference being that 'Bert' was part of a transfer and not a 'told you can go'.  Plus he had just got them up, not brought them down.  So in fact the 2 couldn't be much different.

• Like 2