Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Already been linked with few players including Sam Gallagher of Southampton:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/784486/Aston-Villa-Southampton-Sunderland-Steve-Bruce-Championship-Transfer-News-Gossip

Gallagher, 21, is on loan at Championship rivals Blackburn from Southampton and has impressed - scoring 11 goals in 39 appearances. 

And his talents have not gone unnoticed with The Sun claiming Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is keen on securing his signature. 

It is suggested that Villa are ready to put a £3million offer on the table to sign Gallagher. 

However, they will face competition from Sunderland, Sheffield United and Cardiff.

Villa boss Bruce is keen to bolster his ranks in the summer as he looks to build a team capable of securing a return to the Premier League. 

Gallagher is contracted to Southampton until the summer of 2018. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-aston-villa-could-face-12799498

Aston Villa could face plenty of competition from the Premier League and the Championship if they were to firm up their interest in Chester defender Sam Hughes.

Villa have reportedly had Hughes watched this season, and it appears almost certain the 19-year-old will leave this summer when his current contract expires.

Chester have, however, offered centre-half a new contract and would be in line for some compensation through a tribunal panel as he is under 24.

The Blues rejected a bid from Barnsley in January, while the likes of Middlesbrough, Swansea, Crystal Palace and Burnley are all credited with an interest, report the Chester Chronicle.

Steve Bruce added Bury defender Jacob Bedeau in January, and otherwise has James Bree, Nathan Baker, Micah Richards, James Chester and Tommy Elphick at his disposal.

and silly links like this one :)

http://www.footballinsider247.com/betting-update-aston-villa-tipped-to-sign-13m-striker/

Aston Villa have been installed as one of the favourites to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle this summer.

The Midlands-based Championship club are strongly in the running to land the Serbian striker, who is on the fringes of the Magpies side despite costing £16million and having a creditable scoring record.

Bet Victor have placed odds of 8/1 on six different clubs signing Mitrovic in the next transfer window, with Paris Saint-Germain and Napoli joining Premier League quartet Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Brom and West Ham as favourites in the betting.

Villa are the next favourites, with a price of 12/1 to land the temperamental Serbia international, the same as top-flight trio Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Mitrovic, 22, has had a frustrating second season at Newcastle after being forced to play second fiddle to first-choice striker Dwight Gayle.

The £16million signing from Anderlecht has started just 12 matches in 2016-17, scoring six goals in 23 appearances in all competitions.

Villa have struggled to score goals this season, despite signing two £15million-plus strikers in the last two transfer windows, Jonathan Kodjia and Scott Hogan.

Kodjia is the club’s top scorer this season with 15 league goals from 30 matches.

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

he's a good player Zatman.. Would you prefer him or someone like Tammy Abraham on loan?

at moment either would probably be back-up to Kodjia and Hogan but either be a good option. Prefer a permanent signing if honest than a loan

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

CB GK DM and Winger would be my pain priorities this window

I still like look of Jackson Irvine for DM. 9 goals this season, will leave Burton probably when relegated. Level headed guy who obviously knows Jedinak from Australian national team. Only 23, oh and he turned down 100k a week from China teams in Jan to stay at Burton as wants play Premier league one day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2890675/burton-albion-jackson-irvine-china-premier-league/

JACKSON IRVINE has revealed why he turned down a £100,000-A-WEEK pay rise in China to stay in a relegation dogfight at Burton.

Irvine, 23, was at the centre of one of the biggest potential deals in the January window.

But the Aussie midfielder said: “I want a career I can be proud of. Playing in the Premier League remains my lifelong dream.”

Hardly a soul was aware of the top-secret, life-changing £5million-a-year deal which slipped by Sky’s wall-to-wall deadline day coverage without a murmur.

Yet today, SunSport can reveal Jackson was targeted by a string of Chinese Super League clubs after a dramatic and unexpected transfer rule-change sent their domestic market haywire in January.

The modest midfielder from Melbourne was slightly embarrassed when we asked him why he declined the offer to become an overnight  millionaire.

He said: “I thought only two people in Britain knew about that — and one of them was my dad!”

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I still like look of Jackson Irvine for DM. 9 goals this season, will leave Burton probably when relegated. Level headed guy who obviously knows Jedinak from Australian national team. Only 23, oh and he turned down 100k a week from China teams in Jan to stay at Burton as wants play Premier league one day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2890675/burton-albion-jackson-irvine-china-premier-league/

I thought Irvine was an AM? 

If he is indeed a DM, then yes, I think he would be an excellent choice to rotate with Jedinak next season. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought Irvine was an AM? 

If he is indeed a DM, then yes, I think he would be an excellent choice to rotate with Jedinak next season. 

Havent been overly impressed with Irvine for Australia as yet.. he hasnt had too many chances.. be interesting to see how he gets on today. 

Gk x 2, Cb (someone strong and commanding, an upgrade on Baker, rather than smaller like Chester), Dm 

Then if you could also add one of: Loftus Cherk, Baker, Chalobah from Chelsea

Backup striker 

Edited by mikeyp102

39 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I'm hoping we don't bring in loads and totally overhaul the squad again. A paermanent GK, a CB and a winger and that's probably enough. Do we really need another striker?

If McCormack has no future, then we do. If Bruce wants to play 2 up top, it means we'll have no senior striker on the bench, just a few kids. 

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He is surely worth 4m more than McCormack?;) No?

Wouldn't pay 4 million for him. Although we do need a target man..

Irvine scored for Australia. Well in lad. He's in an advanced attacking role

Edited by KSV

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Havent been overly impressed with Irvine for Australia as yet.. he hasnt had too many chances.. be interesting to see how he gets on today. 

Our best player tonight, and I thought he was one of the better players amongst the dross last week. Get him in!

And while we are at it, Mathew Ryan too.

• Like 1