Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

We've been linked with Joe Lolley. Would be absolutely mad seeing a VT'er playing for Villa.

Would be a nice story but is he a good championship player? 

Don't think he really did much for Huddersfield. I thought he looked really poor when he played at villa park. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Don't think he really did much for Huddersfield. I thought he looked really poor when he played at villa park. 

Well he was against his beloved Villa so if he did indeed play poorly then I'm sure it was on purpose ;)

• Like 2

It would be great for him, amazing to see him sign for Villa. But realistically we'll be fighting for promotion and he's not ready for that or the Prem yet with the injuries he's had he hasn't had the time to develop yet. He should go to a mid table team who will be in the Championship for a few years (and not weighed down by Fan expectation of immediately being promoted) to develop his game. If we end up in the Championship for years our fans just aren't forgiving enough to give him time to develop. Would hate to see one of our own get the treatment Bacuna got yesterday for example.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not particularly in favour of us signing him btw, just think it'd be crazy seeing a VT'er in the Villa team that's all.

13 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think we still don't have an attacking midfielder. Is Sneijder still playing?

Just signed for Nice in France.

They are supposedly interested in re-signing Amavi as well

Gk - Johnstone, Steer

RB - Hutton, Bree 

LB - Taylor, ?

CB - Terry, Chester, Samba, De Laet

DM - Whelan, Jedi

CM - Lansbury, Hourihane 

RM - Elmo, Adomah 

LM - ?, Green  

AM - Onomah, Thor, Grealish 

ST- Kodjia, Hogan, Gabby 

Can go - Bunn, Richards, Elphick, Amavi, Bacuna, Gardner, McCormack

I'd be hopeful of getting rid of all of them except Richards (who can provide further cover at the back). 

Would love to to see an established player like Snodgrass for left wing, but think it will be Ryan Kent. 

10 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think we are fine with Gabby, Green, Adomah, and Elmo as our wingers. Plus when Grealish is fit he can play there as well. 

We have no where near enough creativity from central midfield IMO, it should be addressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Really worried we are going to sell Hourihane. 

Why - he's done nothing since he's been here. Granted it would be a surprise - but he isn't even getting in the team.

Im really worried we might not buy a striker - and thus won't score enough goals to get promoted that worries me far more than Hourihane. 

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Really worried we are going to sell Hourihane. 

I'm very confused as to what his plan is for our midfield if i'm honest and until we get some clarity then it's impossible to see where he fits in.

Are we mainly playing 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?  Either way he's probably back-up to Lansbury as it stands and i can't see Bruce playing them both in either formation.

Also, where does he see Onomah playing? I'm hoping he's come in as a (much better) Bacuna replacement - so a more agile partner to Whelan/Jedi if we play two holding mids.