Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

The thing is.

We actually need to SELL to buy or we risk making more new signings.. and risk those bound for the exit not leaving and sticking around which would send the wage barrier through the roof and severely bugger us in FFP terms.

It is not like Xia is not willing to spend.

His hands are tied by FFP regulations in running us properly. 

Soon as 3 or 4 more have gone I am sure we will see our last 2 or 3 signings arrive.

34 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

People seem to be surprised that we're close to our FFP. We've wasted so much money on dud players and recouping very little. 

Exactly we wasted 17m on mccormack and tishbola. Terrible spending you arsehole Di matteo  

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

£20m with Elphick.

Words defy me. I honestly think DI Matteo has to be one of not the worst managers  we have ever had, he flopped on the pitch and wasted 20m on these three flops 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Words defy me. I honestly think DI Matteo has to be one of not the worst managers  we have ever had, he flopped on the pitch and wasted 20m on these three flops 

Someone still sanctioned those transfers.

On 8/1/2017 at 19:19, dn1982 said:

Lots of jumping to conclusions there fair play it's quite impressive. FFP has to be adhered to and seeing as we've spent bucketload last summer and iJanuary it's no surprise we need to be careful. We already have a very good squad but have a bloated playing staff that needs culling. I'm sure you'd agree with that? I'm sure if SB wanted a special player we'd find the resources some how. By the end of the window a few more will have gone and I think we will get in another attacker. Can you name these clubs with real money that don't care about FFP? 

We did spend bucket loads yes....from transfer monies recieved and premier league parachute payments. No extra investment from the owner really was there?

FFP allows a £13m loss per season (EFL now in line with Premier League)...this is reviewed over a 3 year period. We are using the FFP line as a get out in my opinion. I highly doubt the owner has the kind of funds he makes out, or at least if he does have them, he damn well ain't gonna be pumping into Villa!

edit:

I found this statement online. Clearly the clubs losses over the last 2 seasons are way short of the FFP limit....yet Wyness is saying we are close to breaching? 

We've been cutting costs and wage bills since Lambert joined. 

statement.thumb.jpg.a095e3f54f556982dd47e16c24b31068.jpg

Edited by ViewFromT2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Doesn't matter. I didn't realise we lost £81m in the 2015/16 financial year. ****. 

Not looked at the accounts but how on earth did we achieve that? 

Transfer markt which is usually quite accurate shows us as selling 55m and spending 56m.

Wages will have likely gone up but I am shocked it ended up losing that much. 

2 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

We did spend bucket loads yes....from transfer monies recieved and premier league parachute payments. No extra investment from the owner really was there?

FFP allows a £13m loss per season (EFL now in line with Premier League)...this is reviewed over a 3 year period. We are using the FFP line as a get out in my opinion. I highly doubt the owner has the kind of funds he makes out, or at least if he does have them, he damn well ain't gonna be pumping into Villa!

When did Villa last make a profit ?

When did Villa last breakeven ?

When did Villa last lose less than £13 million in a season ?

Last year the owner bought the club, paid off the debt and then (naively) sanctioned large spending.  With the amount of players we have, the reduced income we have, and the wages of the players that were here before and in some cases signed last year we are in serious danger if we don't go up this year ! to suggest FFP is being used some kind of smokescreen is foolish IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Not looked at the accounts but how on earth did we achieve that? 

Transfer markt which is usually quite accurate shows us as selling 55m and spending 56m.

Wages will have likely gone up but I am shocked it ended up losing that much. 

According to our Strategic Report...we never lost anywhere near that. Presumably the £7m loss relates purely to the playing side of the business, to which FFP applies?

8 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Are you stubbornly avoiding the possibility of getting a points deduction or being denied promotion? Someone mentioned it last time you said the same thing.

3 minutes ago, dukes said:

When did Villa last make a profit ?

When did Villa last breakeven ?

When did Villa last lose less than £13 million in a season ?

Last year the owner bought the club, paid off the debt and then (naively) sanctioned large spending.  With the amount of players we have, the reduced income we have, and the wages of the players that were here before and in some cases signed last year we are in serious danger if we don't go up this year ! to suggest FFP is being used some kind of smokescreen is foolish IMO.

See above

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Are you stubbornly avoiding the possibility of getting a points deduction or being denied promotion? Someone mentioned it last time you said the same thing.

You need to calm down....points deductions etc...will never happen! Can you imagine the legal wrangling through the courts!

The big clubs get around FFP easily enough, it really isn't worth jack shit in reality. If Xia is as minted as (only) Villa fans seem to think, then why isn't RECON Group the clubs main sponsor? Why isn't it (or any of his other massively unknown entities) on the front of our shirts and paying a ridiculous amount of money to do so? 

Why hasn't he sponsored the stadium to generate funds?

3 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Bruce seems to have wasted enough in January as most of the players he since don't seem to be able to get in the team 

Di Matteo wasted £27 million on McCormack, Tshibola, Gollini and Elphick alone but sure gun for Bruce. If he has a positive outlay in spending it may be about £4million and none of the players he's bought have actually been right offs and all have featured constantly except when injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

See above

Try looking at this (and there has been much discussion about the losses over the years).

Villa Lose £81M

Also, think about it rationally, if Villa's wage bill during 2015-2016 (upto May 2016) was £93M and turnover was £108M, if they then spent £60M on transfers in the summer of 2016 and had a drastically reduced revenue from TV how can we not have made a loss greater than £13M in 2017 ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

not sure how reliable the information is, but apparently £4.5m is the asking price.

Would be great if we could get him on loan, could provide some genuine excitement and pace to our attacking play.

1 minute ago, dukes said:

Try looking at this (and there has been much discussion about the losses over the years).

Villa Lose £81M

Also, think about it rationally, if Villa's wage bill during 2015-2016 (upto May 2016) was £93M and turnover was £108M, if they then spent £60M on transfers in the summer of 2016 and had a drastically reduced revenue from TV how can we not have made a loss greater than £13M in 2017 ?

I've seen that report.....but tell me how that correlates with the official statement released by the club?

Wyness says we have lost £83.3m over the last 3 years and are in effect in breach of FFP already. FFP allows our losses to be £83m (2 x £35m premier league season + 1 x £13m Championship). Next year the 3 year tally will need to be below £61m and if we don't go up, £39m the year after.

The Wyness statement again contradicts the Guardian article...how can we have lost £81m 2 seasons ago, but only show a 3 year loss of £83.3m?