Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

He had more than enough chances at boro which just cemented the fact the kid is purely a sprinter. 27 appearances, with him getting a good 11 / 12 full games on the bounce.

0 goals and 0 assists. Actually I think he got 1 assist.

I find your player ratings genuinely entertaining. As how you have Bacuna and Traore down as good players is utterly baffling to me.

According to The Sun Middlesbrough want 20m for him. That's a lot of money to ask for a player that's 'purely a sprinter'.

Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle all interested in signing him.

He'll prove you wrong and so would Bacuna if he got a move to say West Ham or Newcastle.

Edited by Michael118

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

According to The Sun Middlesbrough want 20m for him. That's a lot of money to ask for a player that's 'purely a sprinter'.

He'll prove you wrong as would Bacuna if he got a move to say West Ham or Newcastle.

If my dog got a move to West Ham or Newcastle he would prove he is faster and probably a bit more useful to. Sadly my dog is in the back yard chewing on a new bone so he has no interest in moving. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He'll prove you wrong as would Bacuna if he got a move to say West Ham or Newcastle.

Club in vastly overpricing their player shocker. If he was as good as you say he is they wouldn't want to sell him at all.

As for your Bacuna comment: absolutely mental. He wouldn't get within a mile of either of those teams' midfield. 

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

He had more than enough chances at boro which just cemented the fact the kid is purely a sprinter. 27 appearances, with him getting a good 11 / 12 full games on the bounce.

0 goals and 0 assists. Actually I think he got 1 assist.

I find your player ratings genuinely entertaining. As how you have Bacuna and Traore down as good players is utterly baffling to me.

I hope Bacuna leaves this window. He was a disgrace in the Brighton (at home) match when he kept trying to take the free kicks off Hourihane, throwing his toys out of the pram then refusing to take part in any attacks for the last ten mins because of it. I was at the game and watched him do it 3 times, then the last time he bounced the ball on the floor turned and walked back into our half (from just outside the area) and stood there with his back to the action so didnt even watch to see if we scored and carried on doing so even while we took the corner that resulted from the free kick. Not gonna be any harmony amongst the players while he is acting like that. Shame as I liked him before that match but lost all respect for him now.

• Like 2

We have been linked with  Josh Scowen a few times. Hes on a free from Barnsley. Do we want him? is he any good? 

Gil - sell
Lansbury - keep
Bacuna - keep (for depth and versatility)
Tshibola - keep (for depth)
Hourihane - keep
Veretout - sell
Gardner - sell
Sanchez - sold
Jedinak - keep
Lyden - loan out

Seems we have 5 central midfield players. Is that enough. Do we need another one or two.. maybe in attack? I think we lack quality and creativity in this position. 

Edited by KSV

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do think Milner is very overrated by Villa fans if I am honest. He was a decent player with a brilliant engine but never got the hype that he was awesome for us

You can't have watched him every week

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Club in vastly overpricing their player shocker. If he was as good as you say he is they wouldn't want to sell him at all.

As for your Bacuna comment: absolutely mental. He wouldn't get within a mile of either of those teams' midfield. 

Maybe they don't want to sell him. Even if they do it's not necessarily any reflection on his actual quality. Everyone rates players differently.

Bacuna would slot in at RB or RM in both those teams and be one of their better players once he established himself.

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Traore 'never worked out' because he spent most of his time here and at Middlesbrough warming the bench under negative, unadventurous managers.

Whoever signs him will be getting a player with huge potential who already can swing a game almost single-handedly.

Traore is arrogant and lazy. He had the world at his feet at Barcelona, the main reason they got rid of him was because he thinks he is 100 times than he he his, doesnt make any effort in training and is a grade A bellend and a problem in the dressing room. It's the same reson he failed here and the same reson he failed at Middlesborough. He will fail everywhere and probably end up in the MLS

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Maybe they don't want to sell him. Even if they do it's not necessarily any reflection on his actual quality. Everyone rates players differently.

Bacuna would slot in at RB or RM in both those teams and be one of their better players once he established himself.

I kind of understand that people overly-slag off Bacuna... you can't be serious with the above? He's not a Premier League starting eleven standard of player.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I kind of understand that people overly-slag off Bacuna... you can't be serious with the above? He's not a Premier League starting eleven standard of player.

Absolutely serious. I think he's midtable Premier League quality with some potential to be better than that if he improved in a few areas.

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Those slagging off Bacuna are probably the same ones who were slagging off Ciaran Clark last season. Embarrassing. We'll see how Clark does at Newcastle this season.

Not me.  I don't rate Bacuna but I would have kept Clark. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Absolutely serious. I think he's midtable Premier League quality with some potential to be better than that if he improved in a few areas.

But he's just not good enough.  He doesn't have a settled position.  He's absolutely a squad utility player.

I'm curious... what makes you think he's good enough to be first choice in a midtable Premier League team?