Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Yeah because Huddersfield / Brighton really showed you need to throw £100 million at this league to get promoted .......

So much hyperbole. A couple of shrewd additions and there's absolutely no reason why we can't challenge with the current squad. 

Don't think I was clear enough in my reply.  What I meant was that the shopping list there would cost more like £130-160m, rather than that's what we actually need to spend.

We need additions, for sure, but I think suggesting we need so many and at such a high standard right now is both unnecessary and unrealistic.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I take it you are pretty confident that we will be alright. Unfortunately for me I dont feel that way, hence my inner urge to state it on VT.

I think we'll be alright (as in we'll be pottering about in mid-table again), but I think we need players if we're going to be challenging at the top of the table.  We need to create more chances of a higher quality.  We need more mobility in midfield.

I don't think it's as bad as needing to fulfil the shopping list you put together, but we're still a work in progress that needs pushing forward.

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think we'll be alright (as in we'll be pottering about in mid-table again), but I think we need players if we're going to be challenging at the top of the table.  We need to create more chances of a higher quality.  We need more mobility in midfield.

I don't think it's as bad as needing to fulfil the shopping list you put together, but we're still a work in progress that needs pushing forward.

Firmly believe we need better coaching/management.  Our squad, on paper, is capable of pushing for promotion in this league.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Don't think I was clear enough in my reply.  What I meant was that the shopping list there would cost more like £130-160m, rather than that's what we actually need to spend.

We need additions, for sure, but I think suggesting we need so many and at such a high standard right now is both unnecessary and unrealistic.

My bad, i thought you were arguing completely the opposite! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Firmly believe we need better coaching/management.  Our squad, on paper, is capable of pushing for promotion in this league.

For me definitely coaching.  Management I'm on the fence about.

Forgetting Terry for a moment, would anyone take Morgan or Huth from Leicester if they sign two new centre backs this summer.  Rumour is they want to replace both of them.  Personally, I would take either of them over Terry. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Forgetting Terry for a moment, would anyone take Morgan or Huth from Leicester if they sign two new centre backs this summer.  Rumour is they want to replace both of them.  Personally, I would take either of them over Terry. 

I'd take either but I'd imagine there will be a decent number of PL teams who would sign them, especially Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield.

They did help Leicester win the PL not too long ago so would probably still be an attractive proposition for a lot of teams.

Our current squad with a different tactical approach is capable of promotion.

However if SB persists with his current tactical approach (or lack thereof) then i feel we still need 5/6 players to play it effectively enough to challenge for promotion.

• Like 3

Current squad is good enough for automatic promotion but just need to be utilised right in a settled system that gets the best out of the players.

Bruce couldn't find that last season and with the addition of even more new players I'm not sure he'll find the right combination in the new season?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Candleface has been on Talksport this morning saying that Brum have made Terry a very good offer that includes him carrying on with his coaching badges

It's going to be unbearable if he chooses them over us, I would like to think we are the attractive offer as we are favourites for the title... but as we all know now money talks in football 

22 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It's going to be unbearable if he chooses them over us, I would like to think we are the attractive offer as we are favourites for the title... but as we all know now money talks in football 

Are there any quotes from Bruce that Villa have even offered Terry a contract? Playing Golf with someone doesn't mean you are going to employ them.

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Candleface has been on Talksport this morning saying that Brum have made Terry a very good offer that includes him carrying on with his coaching badges

What's Candleface?

more than happy for Brum to take that Bellend over us, his personality fits the club, and his legs are knackered anyway. Would much rather gamble on a young player from league one for example

• Like 1