Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

My guess would be that Bruce wants to keep the 3 and the board want them gone. That's the disagreement and the decision to make is based on Bruce's future.

That would be a sackable offence in fairness..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Read from the bottom.  Interesting series of tweets from this Leicestershire based agent this morning.

87d547a35d7de6a97ca1d288fd9dd330.png

Yay! Missed all the constant behind the scenes drama. Sack someone!

In all seriousness, I would guess if it's Gabby, Richards and Bunn, either the first 2 kicking off about no extension for Bunn, or something contract related anyway. Maybe a big pay cut due to not being promoted that the players didn't expect? 

I've never heard of this Joseph Tyler bloke, is he well know for accurate information? If not, surely he's just another attention seeker on twitter with a plausible 'Villa in turmoil' story to peddle. 

I saw this Twitter account earlier, he's not got many followers and it looks like a new account. I wouldn't give it too much credence, at least not until he's proven to know anything. 

There is one very reliable source on Twitter that I do trust, has access to the medical booking info side of things at BMH. He's not said anything yet. 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I saw this Twitter account earlier, he's not got many followers and it looks like a new account. I wouldn't give it too much credence, at least not until he's proven to know anything. 

There is one very reliable source on Twitter that I do trust, has access to the medical booking info side of things at BMH. He's not said anything yet. 

Although I'm sure he has 100% accurate info, I couldn't help but feel like he was enjoying the week before deadline day a bit too much. Think there was a healthy chunk of crowd pleasing in some tweets 

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Although I'm sure he has 100% accurate info, I couldn't help but feel like he was enjoying the week before deadline day a bit too much. Think there was a healthy chunk of crowd pleasing in some tweets 

Yeah definitely! He kept a lot of people entertained though at least. I did also wonder whether he'd end up in trouble, the power seemed to go to his head and that's when people say too much. I'm not sure his boss would be pleased he's sharing potentionally sensitive info online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah definitely! He kept a lot of people entertained though at least. I did also wonder whether he'd end up in trouble, the power seemed to go to his head and that's when people say too much. I'm not sure his boss would be pleased he's sharing potentionally sensitive info online. 

Was clever to make the account private certainly. 

On 30/05/2017 at 17:49, TRO said:

What we haven't tried is giving the manager time supported by a chairman on the same wave length, with funds to boot.

I guess a building half way through construction looks like a bag of shite......but we have to wait for it to be finished, to give proper judgment.

a team like villa is no different.....first season he has to just stop the rot......He has IMO

The visual entertainment will come with strengthening, playing time together, camaraderie,blend, confidence.....its slowly, slowly improve....there will be troughs, but the overall will be peak.

I look at clubs like Huddersfield and Brighton and while I tremendously respect them for achieving what they have, I really look at the talent and even management they have and I see nothing that I would really feel jealous about. Because they and the teams that have beaten us last season don't have amazing squads or management, most have had small transfer budgets or at least nowhere near what we have spent. What they have is players with less ego, who work as a team and for their manager and work hard, players who have been playing together longer than a season or for most of our first eleven, more than 6 months.

I am not a huge Bruce fan, but i do think now that time, consistency and for us to stop trying to buy promotion will probably go along way towards making a top 6 Championship side. 

• Like 2

Interesting how the bookies have us down as favourites.

Bookies are not renowned for getting it wrong.....particulary when all of the major ones are in agreement.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting how the bookies have us down as favourites.

Bookies are not renowned for getting it wrong.....particulary when all of the major ones are in agreement.

Are we still favourites? I thought it was just while the playoff teams and confirmed relegation teams weren't accounted for yet..

edit - just checked, crikey we are favourites at 8/1. Absolutely baffling!

Edited by Junxs

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Are we still favourites? I thought it was just while the playoff teams and confirmed relegation teams weren't accounted for yet..

edit - just checked, crikey we are favourites at 8/1. Absolutely baffling!

I understood it to be 15/2..... but hey......i'm splitting hairs.

I wouldn't mind losing Richards and Gabby but if this is the case I can understand why a manager wouldn't want to lose them.

Either way, we are going to be paying them off or continue to pay a hefty salary to them. If your a manager and you have 2 players taking up the best part of 100k a week of your budget you will want to have the option of using them, even if you feel the possibility of them being starters isn't strong.

If someone was willing to pay them their 50k salaries then I have little doubt we would be shot of them tomorrow but it isn't going to happen.

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

Based on the FB videos with the player Q and As, those 3 seem to be popular figures in the dressing room, so I can imagine that they could be quite influential/disruptive figures too.

I'd bin them off at a loss without a second thought. 

Quite right.  They're influential remnants of a bygone era, one where player power seemed to rule the club.  Even if they've got on-board with Bruce, shipping them out is the best way forward.

I once played for a club (different sport and a much lower level) where a few of the 'old guard' as we called them, finally retired at the end of one season.  Turns out a lot of the younger players felt very intimidated by them but went along with them for fear of being called out.  The next season the team flourished as those young players stepped up and played without fear and actually enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Quite right.  They're influential remnants of a bygone era, one where player power seemed to rule the club.  Even if they've got on-board with Bruce, shipping them out is the best way forward.

I once played for a club (different sport and a much lower level) where a few of the 'old guard' as we called them, finally retired at the end of one season.  Turns out a lot of the younger players felt very intimidated by them but went along with them for fear of being called out.  The next season the team flourished as those young players stepped up and played without fear and actually enjoyed it.

We can only speculate..

If the said players are affecting the atmosphere at BMH then it may be prudent to cut your losses......and gain in the long run.

I remember one of the best Managers this country has seen, struggle at Leeds in his 44 days.....Its a major problem if it happens, like having Japanese Knotweed in your back garden.

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of this being true, we should seek to pay off Agbonlahor and Richards, they are sitting around and not contributing anything at all, there can't be any benefit from their presence. 

Not as easy as that. Reading came in for Gabby on loan last summer, RDM had told him he wasn't part of his plans and he still didn't move.

I think judging from some of his appearences last season he can be an o.k back up striker at this level and SB agrees with his comments but he can't stay fit for longer than a game or two these days.

Bunn isn't the greatest keeper in the world but he's o.k as back up so not sure why he'd cause such drama.

Agreed on Richards being a dead loss. He certainly isn't fit to wear the shirt.

Vergard Forren being linked. 

http://www.eurosport.no/fotball/eliteserien/2017/vegard-forren-aktuell-for-engelsk-storklubb_fot_sto6195163/story.shtml

After that Eurosport.no experience can Vegard Forren next stop will be the Championship and Aston Villa.Manager Steve Bruce and The Villans were reportedly also interested in 29-year-old in the winter before Forren chose to go to Brighton. The interest shall not be cooled.

Left footed centre back - much needed.