Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Didn't realise forest were so close to the drop. Wouldn't mind taking ben osborn off them if they get relegated. He's a talented young player.

They have a good striker there too......

I've said it before and will say it again, but we really should be looking at Loftus Cheek at Chelsea on loan to a view to permanent. The guy can play anywhere across midfield and Conte even put him upfront this season. He would be brilliant in the championship and midfield diamond of Jedi Lansbury him and Hourihane would destroy teams in this league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I've said it before and will say it again, but we really should be looking at Loftus Cheek at Chelsea on loan to a view to permanent. The guy can play anywhere across midfield and Conte even put him upfront this season. He would be brilliant in the championship and midfield diamond of Jedi Lansbury him and Hourihane would destroy teams in this league.

I think he'd be a totally unrealistic signing. He'd be going to a Premier League team if he's considered surplus at Chelsea.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he'd be a totally unrealistic signing. He'd be going to a Premier League team if he's considered surplus at Chelsea.

Agree. A loan will see him at somewhere like Watford or Bournemouth like ake. Some pretty unrealistic mentions in here. I've seen Pickford mentioned too. Absolutely no chance. He will end up at top half prem league. Some people seem to forget where we are. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's only played 5 times this season. Yes he may go to a prem side on loan. But there is no harm in asking. He'd be more likely to get starting appearances at us, plus we can match wages.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Kinda hope we're not going for a Championship Dream Team 2.0 next season.

Yeah I would like us to either be going for wonderkids, top class older heads with PL/European top League experience, or Ideally something in between, exceptional players who have the ability to grow and improve with us into PL players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I would like us to either be going for wonderkids, top class older heads with PL/European top League experience, or Ideally something in between, exceptional players who have the ability to grow and improve with us into PL players.

Obviously we'll have to accept that the Championship has limited pulling power, but very few teams will be spending £15 m on a player or offer the wages we've done.

Teams in the PL will not be signing every player out there and the best and richest teams in Europe will not be after the same players we are.

• Like 1

Were about 4 players short of being top six quality

Not convinced we need another CB, Winger, DM, GK

Sell Amavi, Grealish in the summer and use the money to bring in some decent players

Both luxuries we can't afford in this division remember if we don't get promoted next season were screwed

I saw that £100m and I thought that is staggering if true, I know we spent a lot but it's crazy for the return we have got. 

The real figure is £70m or £30m if we're doing the Net thing which makes more sense, still massive money for this league of course but this was always going to take a lot of rebuilding we got bossed by a league 2 team at the start of the season in the cup remember. 

For what's it's worth I don't think we're miles away. No real evidence for that except I like a number of these players, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jesinak, Chester, Kodjia, Adomah, Taylor are all good enough to get promoted in my eyes. One or two players and I think we'll click.