London attack March 2017

sne

If it turns out not to be the guy the Independent reported then they have a lot of explaining to do. In the current climate distributing misinformation like that is utterly irresponsible and could have all sorts of consequences.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

**** idiots using a religion they dont understand and a book they've never read to justify doing whatever they want?

in the same way that those crazy homophobic yanks try to use the bible to justify what they do

It's impossible to understand religion full stop. Homophobic is rife in Islam. In the wrong country its punishable by death.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If it turns out not to be the guy the Independent reported then they have a lot of explaining to do. In the current climate distributing misinformation like that is utterly irresponsible and could have all sorts of consequences.

What kind of consequences?

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well had he not been in prison, it's quite possible had someone seen him that he could have been attacked. Then they would have been in very big trouble.

Let's hope he stays in prison then.

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

**** idiots using a religion they dont understand and a book they've never read to justify doing whatever they want?

in the same way that those crazy homophobic yanks try to use the bible to justify what they do

Keep telling yourself that. A book they've never read, the isis leader has a degree in islamic studies from a top islamic university. Their actions are justified by the actions of their Prophet, the perfect example for all Muslims according to the doctrine and all Islamic scholars 

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What kind of consequences?

Well, although this seems on the face of it to be an Islamic terrorist action, let's assume for this argument it isn't and it is the actions of an unreligious man with a grudge against the police or something. The increased fervour as a result of this accusation could lead to reprisals against ordinary Muslims, a furthering of extreme right-wing agendas, more leverage for the likes of Trump to push through his laws, all sorts.

Putting that to one side though because it may well be related to Islam anyway, a known radicalised hate-monger might now have cause to sue and get himself a load of money to further his potentially aspirations; his family and acquaintances might now be unfairly targeted by those looking for some kind of 'revenge'; all kinds of things could end up happening as a result.

However you look at it, incorrectly naming somebody as a multiple murderer in the national press is disastrous, but in this climate I just think it could have all sorts of repercussions.

I also now won't be considering the Independent to be a reliable news source - the number of which are sadly dwindling rapidly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Well, although this seems on the face of it to be an Islamic terrorist action, let's assume for this argument it isn't and it is the actions of an unreligious man with a grudge against the police or something. The increased fervour as a result of this accusation could lead to reprisals against ordinary Muslims, a furthering of extreme right-wing agendas, more leverage for the likes of Trump to push through his laws, all sorts.

Putting that to one side though because it may well be related to Islam anyway, a known radicalised hate-monger might now have cause to sue and get himself a load of money to further his potentially aspirations; his family and acquaintances might now be unfairly targeted by those looking for some kind of 'revenge'; all kinds of things could end up happening as a result.

However you look at it, incorrectly naming somebody as a multiple murderer in the national press is disastrous, but in this climate I just think it could have all sorts of repercussions.

I also now won't be considering the Independent to be a reliable news source - the number of which are sadly dwindling rapidly.

Of course, the real victims of these attacks are muslims due to 'islamophobioa'. Come on now

• Like 3

Someone in my office mentioned in jest that a terrorist attack is just the kind of thing needed to get an improved Brexit sentiment in the lead up to triggering article 50.

My thoughts to the victims and if it is a British convert I agree with others stating that converts to extremism are just looking for a way to justify their already warped view on society. 

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I was making a play on the American word for a mobile phone.  Perhaps a bit niche...

Yep, I got it :D 

Mobile phones along with drugs and booze are rife in British prisons despite obviously being banned.

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my comment was in response to the suggestion that converts are worse...

the bloke who killed lee rigby for example, iirc he converted and went straight in to extremism and spent the next 10 years involved in it, has he been drawn to islam or has he been drawn to extremism? id guess the latter, in which case my point stands, he's using his belief in islam as a justification for the fact that he's a **** idiot

Right so all these  idiots just happen to join islam. All this terror just happens to come from certain religion. What is it extreme to you or Me is not considered extreme by islamic doctrine or the actions of Mohammed. 

31 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Why is this post making out Muslims are the victims. What about us? 

Also we have already paid out a large sum of money to someone who went on to blow himself up. I know what I'd tell him if he tried to sue. 

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my comment was in response to the suggestion that converts are worse...

the bloke who killed lee rigby for example, iirc he converted and went straight in to extremism and spent the next 10 years involved in it, has he been drawn to islam or has he been drawn to extremism? id guess the latter, in which case my point stands, he's using his belief in islam as a justification for the fact that he's a **** idiot

Utter crap. I'm not saying all Muslims are extremists and that Islam as an whole is bad but there is a huge problem in that religion and for some reason young men are being converted to the bad side by cowards who will not step foot on a battle field or even think about committing jihad in the name of allah. All this bullshit about these attacks have nothing to do with Islam, of course it does because they are commiting these crimes in the name of Islam. A lot of these terrorists are very knowledgeable about the Koran and the history of Islam so to say they just use that as an excuse is wrong.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Of course, the real victims of these attacks are muslims due to 'islamophobioa'. Come on now

I don't see that written anywhere in anyone's post. 

It seems you have come here with a preconceived agenda. 

• Like 3

Â