The Run In

alreadyexists

11 hours ago, Swerbs said:

We lose every time we're on Sky though, so no complaints. ;)

You are aware play off games on Sky so how you think we will win them!!

Tbh next season if we have aspirations of going up we willbe on Sky a lot next season if we are near the top so this needs to be addressed as soon as.

Us on the tellybox 2016/17
------------------------
07/08 : Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Aston Villa
20/08 : Derby County 0-0 Aston Villa
11/09 : Aston Villa 2-2 Nottingham Forest
24/09 : Aston Villa 1-1 Newcastle United
15/10 : Aston Villa 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
30/10 : sha 1-1 Aston Villa
18/11 : Brighton & HA 1-1 Aston Villa
03/12 : Leeds Utd 2-0 Aston Villa
13/12 : Norwich City 1-0 Aston Villa
18/12 : Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Aston Villa
29/12 : Aston Villa 1-1 Leeds Utd
14/01 : Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa
31/01 : Brentford 3-0 Aston Villa
04/02 : Nottingham Forest 2-1 Aston Villa
20/02 : Newcastle United 2-0 Aston Villa
17/04 : Fulham ?-? Aston Villa

P 15 W 1 D 7 L 7 F 9 A 19 Pts 10 PPG 0.667

• Like 4

To be fair, with the players we have, all of those games are winnable. Looking ahead to next season, assuming that list of clubs is still here, considering our plans, we should not be considering any of those games as losses. Football isn't that simple of course and we can always lose away to a team like Huddersfield, or at home to Barnsley. But there are so many games you generally have a second chance to redeem yourself.

What we can't afford, is a double dip in form like this season. Assuming Newcastle go up, Aston Villa FC should not fear any of the teams in next season's Championship. And that said, we could and should have done better overall against Newcastle this term.

Fulham away for me from the 8 remaining is the toughest ask. But why can we not go there hopeful of a win? :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

To be fair, with the players we have, all of those games are winnable. Looking ahead to next season, assuming that list of clubs is still here, considering our plans, we should not be considering any of those games as losses. Football isn't that simple of course and we can always lose away to a team like Huddersfield, or at home to Barnsley. But there are so many games you generally have a second chance to redeem yourself.

What we can't afford, is a double dip in form like this season. Assuming Newcastle go up, Aston Villa FC should not fear any of the teams in next season's Championship. And that said, we could and should have done better overall against Newcastle this term.

Fulham away for me from the 8 remaining is the toughest ask. But why can we not go there hopeful of a win? :)

Hopefully we will have strengthened in a couple of key areas too, namely GK.

Surely our luck with injuries can't continue into next season? Although in some awkward way it has actually helped us this season.

Maybe we should get a sponsorship from Legs 11 or something!

TV wont go anywhere near us if we have strippers on the sidelines handing out drinks

....the more i think about this.....

• Like 2

vs Norwich (h) - WIN

vs QPR (h) - WIN

vs Burton Albion (a) - WIN

vs Reading (h) - WIN

vs Fulham (a) - DRAW

vs Blue Scum (h) - WIN

vs Blackburn (a) - DRAW

vs Brighton (h) - DRAW

18 points - 69 Total

You never know but i'd imagine we'd have to win out to get in to Play-offs... but i wouldn't bet against it happening.... Never thought i'd ever say that about the Villa again.

It is difficult to predict as the games that look tough on paper now may not seem as tough when they come round. We beat Norwich, QPR and Burton and go into the Reading game having won 5 on the spin and 8 of the last nine then we’d be flying and you’d fancy us in that game and Fulham away two days later. After that if we had then won 7 on the spin I’m sure we’d all fancy us against Sha, Blackburn and even Brighton..

Confidence and momentum are huge factors and it is such a shame we never got any long before now as had we have done we’d have been in with a great chance of promotion.

Edited by markavfc40

On 23/03/2017 at 19:28, Mjvilla said:

With this in mind, I'd like to know the split home/away live fixtures of Newcastle and Leeds. See if it backs this up. 

I'm not doing the research though because I'm lazy and working nights.

Newcastle:

Fulham (A) - August 5th
Brighton (H) - August 27th
Derby (A) - September 10th
Villa (A) - September 24th
Leeds (A) - November 20th
Forest (A) - December 2nd
Wigan (A) - December 14th
Sheff Wed (H) - December 26th
Blackburn (A) - January 2nd
Q.P.R. (H) - February 1st
Wolves (A) - February 11th
Villa (H) - February 20th
Brighton (A) - February 28th
Huddersfield (A) - March 4th
Sheff Wed (A) - April 8th
Leeds (H) - April 14th
Preston (H) - April 24th
Cardiff (A) - April 28th

18 games shown, 6 home games, 12 away games.

Leeds:

Q.P.R. (A) - August 7th
Cardiff (A) - September 17th
Newcastle (H) - November 20th
Rotherham (A) - November 26th
Liverpool (A) - November 29th (Cup game obvs)
Villa (H) - December 3rd
Brighton (A) - December 9th
Villa (A) - December 29th
Derby (H) - January 13th
Barnsley (A) - January 21st
Huddersfield (A) - February 5th
Sheff Wed (H) - February 25th
Blues (A) - March 3rd
Brighton (H) - March 18th
Reading (A) - April 1st
Newcastle (A) - April 14th

16 games, 5 home games, 11 away games.

Edit:  Can't confirm these dates are accurate for when games have been played, though!

Edited by bobzy

On 28/03/2017 at 10:17, markavfc40 said:

It is difficult to predict as the games that look tough on paper now may not seem as tough when they come round. We beat Norwich, QPR and Burton and go into the Reading game having won 5 on the spin and 8 of the last nine then we’d be flying and you’d fancy us in that game and Fulham away two days later. After that if we had then won 7 on the spin I’m sure we’d all fancy us against Sha, Blackburn and even Brighton..

Confidence and momentum are huge factors and it is such a shame we never got any long before now as had we have done we’d have been in with a great chance of promotion.

Mark you are absolutely right

Re momentum

I wonder what happened

Edited by Grasshopper

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Mark you are absolutely right

Re momentum

I wonder what happened

Id wager you would have a good idea what happened if we had lost the last few:)

• Like 2