Ticket information

wedge

45 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's not the point. My question was which other city would have its big derby not televised. 

If they were sitting in the Championship as two mid table clubs (when the televised fixtures were decided) then a meaningless mid table Championship fixture in the final couple of weeks of the season would not be televised regardless of if it was the two Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool etc clubs.

Edited by markavfc40

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

It's not the point. My question was which other city would have its big derby not televised. 

Newcastle-Sunderland wasn't shown on Sky or BT in February 2014.

If we'd been challenging for top 6 we'd have been on as Sky are showing I think two other championship games at the weekend, Newcastle-PNE and the Brighton game on the Friday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

If they were sitting in the Championship as two mid table clubs (when the televised fixtures were decided) then a meaningless mid table Championship fixture in the final couple of weeks of the season would not be televised regardless of if it was the two Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool etc clubs.

I don't believe that for a second. A derby between the Liverpool clubs or the Manchester clubs would certainly be televised no matter what. There were other Villa v Blues games that weren't on TV when we were in the Prem. The 2nd city derby just isn't appealing to anyone who doesn't support either club.

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I don't believe that for a second. A derby between the Liverpool clubs or the Manchester clubs would certainly be televised no matter what. There were other Villa v Blues games that weren't on TV when we were in the Prem. The 2nd city derby just isn't appealing to anyone who doesn't support either club.

Maybe it isn't appealing to others around the country. Aside from a two or three year spell around 15 years ago though for as long as I can remember we have been far superior to them and spent much of it in a higher division. There hasn't really been any rivalry to appeal to those outside of the two clubs.

Regardless of that though I still think a derby game between Liverpool and Everton sitting mid table in the second tier with two weeks of the season to go and nothing to play for also wouldn’t appeal to anyone who didn’t support those two clubs. Why would it.

It needs to be remembered that despite being poor for much of it we have been on tele more than most other Championship clubs this season so clearly the lack of this fixture being shown is no reflection on us. It is more to do with the fact it was looking like a meaningless end of season fixture between two mid table Championship clubs one of whom is a small club. As it turns out it is an end of season game between a mid table championship club with zero to play for and one a couple of places above the drop. Still hardly one to get the pulses racing outside of those who support the clubs regardless of who the clubs are.

Â