Ticket information

wedge

It's because it's not on tv. I think it would not have sold out if was on sky.

Sky if they have the option to show this would be mental with a sold out villa park

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's because it's not on tv. I think it would not have sold out if was on sky.

Sky if they have the option to show this would be mental with a sold out villa park

You would think we could sell out our own Derby regardless of it being on sky or not.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You would think we could sell out our own Derby regardless of it being on sky or not.

We have done pretty much every other derby that's been on Sky from what I can recall...

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/22664-2/

Last week, MOMS along with a handful of other Villa supporter reps met West Midlands Police division that deals with Villa’s match day policing to hear their plans for the forthcoming Villa vs Blues derby and to see if we could see any issues with them.

Worth a read to plan route into the ground. Just screams to me that they've overcomplicated the policing operation. Keep it simple, make the scum all get on compulsory coaches, keep them in the ground and train all cameras on their faces so anyone damaging the ground is banned and punished. Just shouts trouble! 

Surely beaten only by placing albion fans directly above our fans. 

Lets hope for a safe afternoon and a villa win! Can't wait for this atmosphere, it's going to be electric!! 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder how many fans are gonna try sell then now!

Mines available if anyone wants it.

100-billion-dollars-276x300(1).jpg

How many other cities would have a derby game that isn't on TV? Liverpool? Never, Manchester? Not a chance. Sheffield? Possibly. But as a 2nd city it says a lot that SKY didn't see our game as relevant enough to televise.

Now I don't give a toss whether it is or it isn't, its just very telling how unappealing our derby is.

48 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Still surprised this has sold out, it doesn't usually. Must be some segregation going on maybe like what happened at theirs which took a few thousand off the capacity? 

Capacity will be around 41.300 ish. It's sold out in the past a few times but since it's been made early KO on a Sunday the odd occasion it's fell short. The cup game the other year was far from a sell out. 

43 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

How many other cities would have a derby game that isn't on TV? Liverpool? Never, Manchester? Not a chance. Sheffield? Possibly. But as a 2nd city it says a lot that SKY didn't see our game as relevant enough to televise.

Now I don't give a toss whether it is or it isn't, its just very telling how unappealing our derby is.

I'm still very surprised as the viewing figures would be high. Shit football, lack of goals..

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

It would have been a few weeks ago when they decided what games to show this weekend and at that time this looked like a nothing game against two Championship mid table sides. As it is it is a game against a mid table side and a relatively small club in a relegation battle. Hardly one to set the pulses racing outside of the two clubs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Just checked the "official resale marketplace" on our site:

Joke.

Capture.PNG

Slightly OT but I've never really got logic of spending huge amounts of money on match tickets when you can pick up a season ticket for £350.

Next season we'll have sha again (unless they go down), and may even have a trip to Wembley via the playoffs. If that were the case, i bet some people will spend more on black market tickets than the cost of a ST. 

1 hour ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Just checked the "official resale marketplace" on our site:

Joke.

Capture.PNG

I very nearly bought tickets via them or Viagogo for a Barcelona match. Luckily more tickets became available for about 1/3 of the price they wanted. These websites are morally wrong in my opinion as surely it encourages people to buy tickets and then sell them at a profit. I'm glad I bought my tickets a few weeks back now though! 

My mate rang the ticket office and we got 2 tickets in Holte K5 for face value. Returns apparently. But yeh, those sites are criminal. They should only be able to operate selling at a very small % increase on face value, if at all. Same goes for gig tickets and any other events that will sell out.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 12:22, markavfc40 said:

It would have been a few weeks ago when they decided what games to show this weekend and at that time this looked like a nothing game against two Championship mid table sides. As it is it is a game against a mid table side and a relatively small club in a relegation battle. Hardly one to set the pulses racing outside of the two clubs.

It's not the point. My question was which other city would have its big derby not televised. 

Â