RBS Six Nations 2017

snowychap

6 Nations 2017:

Congratulations to Ireland today.

Having dominated all week at Cheltenham, you could have let us have this one. ;)

England were very poor today but mostly because Ireland didn't allow them to be anything else. Fitting that Ireland have stopped England on 18 just like they did with NZ.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The 20 minutes extra in the Wales game made me want to slit my wrists.  Everything I hate about rugby union right there, and unfortunately I didn't have control of the remote.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. Twenty minutes highlighting that Wayne Barnes is a bit of a clearing in the woods. :)

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. Twenty minutes highlighting that Wayne Barnes is a bit of a clearing in the woods. :)

Barnes barely made a decision at the end there without it being verified by the fourth official. What I did find odd, is that because they don't stop the clock once the 80 minutes has passed, Samson Lee only missed about 3 minutes of actual playing time with his sin bin. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jon_c said:

What I did find odd, is that because they don't stop the clock once the 80 minutes has passed, Samson Lee only missed about 3 minutes of actual playing time with his sin bin.

One to remember for quizzes in the future.

Edited by snowychap

On 3/18/2017 at 20:15, snowychap said:

Me too.

It was incredibly frustrating but also incredibly tense at the same time.

My mate suggested turning over before it had finished (because we were unaware the england/ireland game would get delayed so we thought it had kicked off) and I nearly slapped him. Couldn't take my eyes off it :)

Watching France-Wales from my position of ignorance I did wonder why the ref didn't award a penalty try sooner, given that Wales were clearly just illegally playing spoiler over and over again.  It seems according to the pundits afterwards that he should have done so on the 3rd penalty.  So as much as I didn't want France to win, it seems the right team got there in the end.  A good game with a batshit ending.

Ireland-England. I was impressed with how rock solid we were throughout tbh.  It looked like a pretty high level of performance, and MOTM O'Mahony only started because Heaslip rolled his ankle in the warm-up.  Again, I'll preface this by pointing out my relative rugby union ignorance, but England looked like a filthy dirty team and by that I don't mean tough and physical.  I suppose we're used to teams targetting Sexton at this point.  When he took that bad hit late on and then hobbled up to put the penalty over from what looked 60 yards, that was something else.  An obviously enjoyable game :)

Ireland are the equivalent of England football team. media overhyped and can beat big teams in unimportant games but put them in an important game on the line like Argentina in World Cup or Wales last weekend and they crumble

• Like 2

TBF, the Ireland result was on the cards really. Apart from the Scotalnd thrashing, England have huffed and puffed and been anything but convincing.

There's a lot for Jones to address, IMO. 9&10 for a start, Youngs and Ford just don't cut it and Care is hot and cold. Hartley is ineffective now, Jamie George is the future at hooker, Dan Cole is way past his best and Mike Brown is so one dimensional it's untrue. The Vunipolas were brought back too soon too. I thought Hughes did well and was worth a start against the Irish with Billy coming on later.

Positives for me are (forgive the Wasps bias) are Daly who has well and truly arrived as a World Class rugby player, Launch who just has to be in the Lions squad, Itoje, an absolute beast of a player. Not to mention Faz (immense as usual), T'eo, one for the future and Jack Nowell, who has to start above Watson and/or May.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ireland are the equivalent of England football team. media overhyped and can beat big teams in unimportant games but put them in an important game on the line like Argentina in World Cup or Wales last weekend and they crumble

Ireland's rugby team within the rugby world are far better than England's football team within the football world.  So I think your equivalency needs work :)

• Like 1

Â