Weekends Football 17/19 March

andykeenan

Didn't watch much of the footnall today except for the 10 minutes of the spurs Southampton game when it kicked off over a nothing tackle by a soton player over a spurs defender, the replay showed 3/4 players from each side arguing and 1 player, Steven Davies just stood bouncing the ball in his hand watching on, wearing the captains armband.

respect the ref and all that bollocks when the captain of the team stands by doing nothing to stop he's team arguing with the ref?

Edited by Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Didn't watch much of the footnall today except for the 10 minutes of the spurs Southampton game when it kicked off over a nothing tackle by a soton player over a spurs defender, the replay showed 3/4 players from each side arguing and 1 player, Steven Davies just stood bouncing the ball in his hand watching on, wearing the captains armband.

respect the ref and all that bollocks when the captain of the team stands by doing nothing to stop he's team arguing with the ref?

Majority of modern footballers are complete words removed when it comes to showing any respect to the officials. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but most Rugby union players are ex public schoolboys aren't they or at least had a different upbringing to most footballers.

I think there was a time that was true, it's less so these days.

Regardless, if new rules were brought in and strictly applied they would soon take hold. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It shows how attack minded they are.

and thats why they are both out of the title race and out of major competitions. defences win leagues not unorganised messes like Liverpool and City

Klavan, Matip, Stones and Otamendi are barely as good as Villa defenders

I don't think Liverpool were ever really good enough to win the title. If Klopp gets top 4 he has done a fantastic job. City had an ageing squad and I thought it might take a year for Pep to sort them out.

Â