Champions League Draw Last 8

andykeenan

I think the two teams they didn't want to face would be Juve or A.Madrid - purely because they can defend and grind out results.

Should a team who attack have been paired with them.. I don't know.. On their day they could have caused some serious problems.

• Like 1

Some nice ties there.

Leicester won't get blasted but Altletico are an incredibly tough team to play over two legs...they won't give away cheap goals like Sevilla did.

Dortmund-Monaco is the one for the purists...logic would say Dortmund but Monaco were fearless against Man. City and it's very possible they could outscore Dortmund.

Bayern-Real Madrid-Very tough to call this. I don't think either are as strong as last season. Maybe Munich just.

Barca- Juve. Fancy Juventus to win this, they're my tip to win the tournament this year.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Some nice ties there.

Leicester won't get blasted but Altletico are an incredibly tough team to play over two legs...they won't give away cheap goals like Sevilla did.

Dortmund-Monaco is the one for the purists...logic would say Dortmund but Monaco were fearless against Man. City and it's very possible they could outscore Dortmund.

Bayern-Real Madrid-Very tough to call this. I don't think either are as strong as last season. Maybe Munich just.

Barca- Juve. Fancy Juventus to win this, they're my tip to win the tournament this year.

I go Leicester, Dortmund, Bayern? not sure its 50/50 and Barce

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Atletico are not really the side they were last season. Below Sevilla in the table. I think its the best draw they could have had apart from maybe Monaco

They massively missed Oblak last three months, he got injured at xmas and sub keeper Moya really was chucking them in.

Saying that one of the first games back he kicked it straight to a Depor striker.

Godin's been injured for a bit aswell.

Tactically though they'll know how to limit the space for Leicester and will defend the high crosses much better than Sevilla did.

Greizmann can always nick one at the other end aswell, I think it will be 2-0 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

you are probably right Chris, but I just have this funny feeling that Leicester will go all the way like we did in 82

That'll be a nice £1,500 for me if they do.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Haven't we been saying that for 2 years?

Doesn't mean it's not going to happen. If Leicester had drawn Dortmund or Monaco I think they'd have been in with a shot.

Over two legs there aren't many teams in world football that can beat Atletico.

Madrid hit teams well on the counter, but that is what Leicester will try to do. It wouldn't surprise me if Leicester sit very deep, concede possession, and hope to make Athletico uncomfortable.

Leicester will also now be going against a world class playing in Griezmann. I don't see them stopping him. 

Edited by Czechlad

Â