Germany v England/England v Lithuania

andykeenan

While that squad does seriously lack in world class stars, there is a good team buried in there if he can get the mix right.  Big 'if' with him in charge though.

I'd have liked to have seen Harry Maguire called up.

I'm not saying he's going to be world class or anything but he's a young player who offers something a little different to the usual CB stoppers England continue to produce like Ben Gibson and Michael Keane.

Maguire has been playing as a ball playing centre half in Hull's 3-5-2 and a few times it's been highlighted some of his runs from the back.

Calling up someone like him would give England the flexibility to try 3-5-2 which I'd have thought would be an obvious idea given Walker and Rose could play as wing backs no problem and Cahill plays in a back 3 regularly now.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

While that squad does seriously lack in world class stars, there is a good team buried in there if he can get the mix right.  Big 'if' with him in charge though.

At best it's basically a very average international team which does not have a cat in hell's chance of ever doing anything remotely good at an international tournament. 

• Like 1

Germany are 8/11 to win tomorrow.  I don't usually back friendlies as they're inherently risky due to experimental line-ups etc, but this is about as unfriendly as a friendly gets, so it might be safer than most.  Hmm, tempting.

dunno, germany seem to have a fair few gerrard-esque injury drop outs so they might not be taking it too seriously and england always have that carrot dangling we're actually a decent team meaningless friendly performance in them (didnt we beat ze germans last time?)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

dunno, germany seem to have a fair few gerrard-esque injury drop outs so they might not be taking it too seriously and england always have that carrot dangling we're actually a decent team meaningless friendly performance in them (didnt we beat ze germans last time?)

Yes, I've just read that England haven't lost in Germany since 1987.  I might, ehh, keep my powder dry this time.

I'm going to Wembley on Sunday with the Mrs to the England vs Lithuania match.

Never been to a England international game before so looking forward to it.

Predictions:

Germany 1 - England 1

England 4 - Lithuania 0

Edited by Villan4Life

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Germany are 8/11 to win tomorrow.  I don't usually back friendlies as they're inherently risky due to experimental line-ups etc, but this is about as unfriendly as a friendly gets, so it might be safer than most.  Hmm, tempting.

Its the opposite, I would expect England to get a result and then the bandwagon will build up again

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its the opposite, I would expect England to get a result and then the bandwagon will build up again

Yeah you may well be right. As you can see above I've chickened out :D

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Does anyone still care about the England team? I mean I'm not even sure the England team care about the England team any more, for a lot of them I just think it's an inconvenience.

Won't be watching.

Not normally but an England Germany game always interests me because of the history between the two countries,  footballing wise that is.

Â