Baseball 2017

maqroll

There's a foot of snow on the ground in New England right now, but in less than three weeks, they'll be playing baseball. I can't wait.

My predictions-

ALCS Boston v Cleveland

NLCS Chicago v Los Angeles

WS Boston v Chicago

Champion: Chicago Cubs. Too much talent.

Dark Horse: NY Mets

• Like 1

Yankees have been a lot of fun in spring training with all of that young talent. If they can find any kind of reliable rotation behind Tanaka, they might even make the play offs. That's a big if, though. 

David Price on the DL to start the season. Hopefully with Sale taking some of the pressure off, he comes back better than last year, which got pretty ugly at times.

On 3/19/2017 at 07:17, kurtsimonw said:

Mets to have a tonne of injuries like always. Miss out on the playoffs and probably trade one of the pitchers in August for players who'll amount to nothing. 

This is a big season for Matt Harvey, who is edging closer and closer to irrelevance.

• 1 month later...

"Matt Harvey's suspension is not related to the sex toy spotted in Kevin Plawecki’s locker on Friday night, a source said."

LOL@ the Mets

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, NoelVilla said:

@maqroll how are my chances to get a ticket for a game a friday the 27th of april against the Devil Rays? Im in Boston and I really want to go to Fenway Park.

You should have no problem. Tampa isn't a draw. Have they already released next year's schedule?

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

You should have no problem. Tampa isn't a draw. Have they already released next year's schedule?

Yes schedule released with subject to change but I think it's pretty much 100%. I may come back with more questions as the trip gets closer.

22 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Yes schedule released with subject to change but I think it's pretty much 100%. I may come back with more questions as the trip gets closer.

Righto

• 2 weeks later...

I’m nervous about tonight’s game 7 in Houston, but whatever happens I’m damn proud of these young Yankees in what was supposed to be a year of learning and preparing for the future. 

They certainly are and they’ve earned it. It’s a team full of incredibly punchable faces and unpleasant personalities, though, so I wish them no luck in the Series. 

The Yankees aren’t ready yet. Coming so close already is way ahead of schedule. They’ll have learnt plenty from the experience and ready to have a go again next year, and by 2019 they’ll be unstoppable. 

Â