Cheltenham 2017

Nicho

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Shame. I thought Nietzsche had come to win it there - just the jump at the last took a little bit out of him.

Well, if it didn't kill him i'm sure he'll be stronger in his next race.

*i'm really, really sorry

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Shame. I thought Nietzsche had come to win it there - just the jump at the last took a little bit out of him.

A pretty damn good day would have been spectacular if he landed . Still a cracking effort though .

34 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Yer man from Ryanair must be laughing.

Looking like a wise move to move his animals to Elliott.

• Like 1

After looking through my bets from days 1 and 2 I have realised I have had  a far higher success rate with the bigger priced horses , so today I won't be touching anything under 5/1  and I'll see how that goes . After watching so many favourites stink the place out I'll have to give Yorkhill and Uknowwhatimeanharry a miss . There are some really good quality horses with nice prices today, especially in the extra place races,  (2.10 , 4.10 and 5.30) so I'll just post  a few I like .

1.30     Disko 6/1 (Yard is flying and Cooper can do no wrong by me ) 

2.10   Impulsive Star 9/1 (He comfortably beat a lot of horses in this race back in Feb )

El Bandit 12/1       Ballymallin 22/1         Golden Doyen 18/1  (Very good place shouts )

2.50   Will most likely be won by Empire of Dirt or Un De Sceaux but I'll be chucking in Vaniteux @ 20/1 and hoping Fehily can do something placewise.

3.30  Jezki 7/1   Cole Harden 7/1 ( Class horses at a backable price.)

4.10  Thomas Crapper 8/1 (Loves Cheltenham and has a funny name )

Village Vic 16/1    Road to Respect 16/1  Bouvreil 12/1  (All very good place shouts and could win )

I'll take an absolute flyer on Katachenko @ 40/1 as he used to be rather decent and it's 6 places. 

4.50  La Bague Au Roi 10/1      Barra 16/1  (Can you really trust those 2 Mullins horses at the moment ?)

5.30  Premier Bond 12/1  What's Happening 12/1  Lamb or Cod 28/1 

And finally  my biggest price of the day La Vaticane @ 50/1

Good luck all. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

After looking through my bets from days 1 and 2 I have realised I have had  a far higher success rate with the bigger priced horses , so today I won't be touching anything under 5/1  and I'll see how that goes . After watching so many favourites stink the place out I'll have to give Yorkhill and Uknowwhatimeanharry a miss . There are some really good quality horses with nice prices today, especially in the extra place races,  (2.10 , 4.10 and 5.30) so I'll just post  a few I like .

1.30     Disko 6/1 (Yard is flying and Cooper can do no wrong by me ) 

2.10   Impulsive Star 9/1 (He comfortably beat a lot of horses in this race back in Feb )

El Bandit 12/1       Ballymallin 22/1         Golden Doyen 18/1  (Very good place shouts )

2.50   Will most likely be won by Empire of Dirt or Un De Sceaux but I'll be chucking in Vaniteux @ 20/1 and hoping Fehily can do something placewise.

3.30  Jezki 7/1   Cole Harden 7/1 ( Class horses at a backable price.)

4.10  Thomas Crapper 8/1 (Loves Cheltenham and has a funny name )

Village Vic 16/1    Road to Respect 16/1  Bouvreil 12/1  (All very good place shouts and could win )

I'll take an absolute flyer on Katachenko @ 40/1 as he used to be rather decent and it's 6 places. 

4.50  La Bague Au Roi 10/1      Barra 16/1  (Can you really trust those 2 Mullins horses at the moment ?)

5.30  Premier Bond 12/1  What's Happening 12/1  Lamb or Cod 28/1 

Good luck all. 

cheers. I'll use these and chuck Top Notch in on the first race as well and have a go on the placepot. 

59 minutes ago, imavillan said:

cheers. I'll use these and chuck Top Notch in on the first race as well and have a go on the placepot. 

I take zero responsibilty for any losses :D

You don't have to go crazy on the stakes . I did this yesterday @ 10p per line .

22032f.png

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

1.30 Politologue

2.10 Tobefair ; Barney Dwan

2.50 Empire of Dirt

4.10 Henryville ; Bouvreil ; Rock Gone

4.50 Titi de Montmartre

5.30 Premier Bond ; Doctor Harper ; La Vaticane

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I had a good look at this horse last night, thought he was a little overpriced anyway but was also interested that Attheraces had Lisa O'Neill (who rode Tiger Roll on Tuesday) down to ride. It seems that she/the Pipe team have switched her to Doctor Harper now so I suspect there may be a bit of a punt on him.

Cracking effort with that L63. :)

Edited by snowychap
Got another horse's name wrong - s/be Dirt not Dust

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

1.30 Politologue

2.10 Tobefair ; Barney Dwan

2.50 Empire of Dust

4.10 Henryville ; Bouvreil ; Rock Gone

4.50 Titi de Montmartre

5.30 Premier Bond ; Doctor Harper ; La Vaticane

I had a good look at this horse last night, thought he was a little overpriced anyway but was also interested that Attheraces had Lisa O'Neill (who rode Tiger Roll on Tuesday) down to ride. It seems that she/the Pipe team have switched her to Doctor Harper now so I suspect there may be a bit of a punt on him.

Cracking effort with that L63. :)

Yeah it's a shame Nietzsche never won but I was more pissed off with Neon Wolf. 

As for La Vaticane...  I had the same thoughts you had but sod it . It's 50/1 :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Around evens now. 

Yes, it had got as short as 8/11 in a place and is now out to odds against.

Interesting as I thought they'd hammer the arse off it. Perhaps fewer people were on Ruby accas than were on the Yorkhill/Un De Sceaux/Let's Dance treble.

Â