17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it’s ridiculous to argue we aren’t currently in great form, it can’t really be disputed. 

I also think it’s ridiculous to argue that our woeful start to the season hasn’t had an impact on our push for automatic promotion.

Whatever people’s issues with some of the things Bruce does or decisions he makes right now we just have to enjoy the ride and hope it gets us where we need to be.

I’d have sacked him earlier in the season, the form currently suggests that would have been the wrong move. I hope that come the end of the season that still proves to be the case.

I still think we need to be more dominant in games through possession and mentality but perhaps those things will come, perhaps not.

One thing is for sure I’m starting to look forward to games again and look at the fixtures and try and figure out where we could be.

The next three games are crucial In my view, they won’t define our season but they will have a big impact ahead of the festive period.

A win against Wednesday would be a great start.

Fair play Trent, this is a great and reasoned post. I think the vast majority of people feel very similar to this.

I guess in some ways our season starts now, in the sense that our manager knows his starting XI and they seem to have gelled.

As you've said before, we all want the same end result come the close of the season.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it’s ridiculous to argue we aren’t currently in great form, it can’t really be disputed. 

I also think it’s ridiculous to argue that our woeful start to the season hasn’t had an impact on our push for automatic promotion.

Whatever people’s issues with some of the things Bruce does or decisions he makes right now we just have to enjoy the ride and hope it gets us where we need to be.

I’d have sacked him earlier in the season, the form currently suggests that would have been the wrong move. I hope that come the end of the season that still proves to be the case.

I still think we need to be more dominant in games through possession and mentality but perhaps those things will come, perhaps not.

One thing is for sure I’m starting to look forward to games again and look at the fixtures and try and figure out where we could be.

The next three games are crucial In my view, they won’t define our season but they will have a big impact ahead of the festive period.

We need to win all the games this month. December is going to be a very tough month and if we don't close the gap now I think automatic will be out the window by Xmas. 4 very tough away games in December and we won't want to have to win them to stay in touch. It's nice to see Terry come out and say as much. Game over focus on the next. Roll on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Screenshot_20171103-081344.png

I know every one loves a form table and it's been a long time since we've been able to look at ones consistently but we should be at the top of these tables every week. Ultimately it's only the league table that matters. 

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We need to win all the games this month. December is going to be a very tough month and if we don't close the gap now I think automatic will be out the window by Xmas. 4 very tough away games in December and we won't want to have to win them to stay in touch. It's nice to see Terry come out and say as much. Game over focus on the next. Roll on Saturday. 

31 games to go - we don’t need to win every game this month and whereas December may be tough all those games are winnable - there will be many twists and turns to come yet - it’s where we are come may that matters .

• Like 2

Iam bit nervous about saturday - as now the word is out  "at championship level Villa are tough team to beat"  - Sheff Wed will come for a point. We need an early goal 

From here on in Win at home, mostly draw away - that will get us play offs at the very least.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

These are the kind of posts i like reasonably worded explaining concerns and how they are slowing winning them back unlike super negative calling for bruce out all the time after one bad result 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

These are the kind of posts i like reasonably worded explaining concerns and how they are slowing winning them back unlike super negative calling for bruce out all the time after one bad result 

Sure

And IF we get promoted, we‘ll all be happy.

But for a „bit of balance“ - as some have requested - 1 win, after a 0-0 v the SHA (a shyte performance when we could/should have won that game), doesn‘t mean everything is hunky dory, we‘re gonna win the league, turned the corner.....

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Sure

But for a „bit of balance“ - as some have requested - 1 win, after a 0-0 v the SHA (a shyte performance when we could/should have won that game), doesn‘t mean everything is hunky dory, we‘re gonna win the league, turned the corner.....

The thing is it was shite but we were expected to drop points against preston so it all evened itself out in my eyes. Preston are closer to us than blose so better we beat them than blose

I see SKY doing their usual hope we slip up again as they are showing the games vs forest and brentford away (where we lost at both last season) live. they really want us to slip up dont they arseholes

Edited by Demitri_C

We win games. I am happy.

Bruce won't be here long term so talk of style of play and the philosophy of football is pointless in my opinion.

Not many teams have had luxury of rebranding whilst down in this league dropping from the PL. Priority is get promoted at any cost now, be it implementation of style or entertainment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Iam bit nervous about saturday - as now the word is out  "at championship level Villa are tough team to beat"  - Sheff Wed will come for a point. We need an early goal 

Im not sure teams can try a lot harder to play well against us.  We are a big club in this division and we have already seen how folks react to that here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Fully agreed.

I would add though, a more positive approach to away games such as against Preston would go a long way to achieving our goal. I hope Bruce sees that and continues on this path.

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Look, despite some of the things you have said about Villa, we are securing decent results,

but you and others are not wrong in your appraisal of the performances in terms of flowing football.....you are spot on.

I know everyone has their own views, I just happen to think the poor start was down to the blending and players not used to each other....time will tell if I could be right or wrong.

I think we still have improvement in us.....but I share your view along with GH and other doubters in regards to the spectacle.....to be honest i think everyone does.

I also believe fans who are upbeat about our recent results can also see what you and others allude to.

You or anyone else don't have to like the manager.....but I think its a shame, if we can't all enjoy these results together.....but deep down, I think you are too much of a fan not to.:)

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Look, despite some of the things you have said about Villa, we are securing decent results,

but you and others are not wrong in your appraisal of the performances in terms of flowing football.....you are spot on.

I know everyone has their own views, I just happen to think the poor start was down to the blending and players not used to each other....time will tell if I could be right or wrong.

I think we still have improvement in us.....but I share your view along with GH and other doubters in regards to the spectacle.....to be honest i think everyone does.

I also believe fans who are upbeat about our recent results can also see what you and others allude to.

You or anyone else don't have to like the manager.....but I think its a shame, if we can't all enjoy these results together.....but deep down, I think you are too much of a fan not to.:)

My issue about how we play isn't so much about it being easy on the eye, that isn't the point, I'm far more pragmatic than that.

My issue is that I don't think that way of playing will result in enough wins, particularly away from home. I don't think its a sustainable way of achieving good form. That is and has always been my issue with the way Bruce approaches games or the way I interpret our performances suggesting how he approaches games, I accept the two things might not be the same.

It is precisely because I want us to win that I'm critical.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Fully agreed.

I would add though, a more positive approach to away games such as against Preston would go a long way to achieving our goal. I hope Bruce sees that and continues on this path.

And that, in a nut shell is my view, the crux of my previous criticisms and what I'm eager to see.

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Sure

No, it doesn’t. But, the form table for the last 6 or 10 games posted above gives hope, or at least it should.

It’s not 1 win, its 5 wins in 7.