17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

With so many of the teams immediately around us playing  each other tonight whatever the outcome results were going to go against us. I think I’ll wait till after we’ve played before joining in with all the wailing going on here tonight. 

Edited by KT3AVFC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Points wise we are now as far away from 2nd as we are from 20th. 

Always the worry. This league is always too close, got to win consistently and we just don't do it enough. 

Big game tomorrow night. 

13 minutes ago, KT3AVFC said:

With so many of the teams immediately around us playing  each other tonight whatever the outcome results were going to go against us. I think I’ll wait till after we’ve played before joining in with all the wailing going on here tonight. 

To be fair, alot of the wailing was happening BEFORE tonight, foreseeing things like this, as well as points, and performances.

Derby, who have Leapfrogged us for instance, will have a game in hand.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

There will be other days when results around us actually go for us. 

Win tomorrow and we are a point closer and be sure to capitalise when they next go for is. 

Consistency is the key now and whilst a couple of recent results have been disappointing we are overall being consistent. 

The top 2 have lost games and will lose more. 

Leeds were flying earlier in the season and look at them now

It's a long slog and we are well poised. 

That run of 7 games I was on about a few pages back

Wolves: Aston Villa(W2-0), Preston(W3-2), QPR [a](L1-2), Norwich [a](W2-0) - Fulham, Reading [a], Leeds..........................9/12

Bristol City: Burton (D0-0), Leeds(L0-3), Sunderland [a](W2-1), Fulham [a](W2-0) - Cardiff, Sheff Weds [a], Preston............7/12

Aston Villa: Wolves [a](L0-2), Fulham(W2-1), SHA [a](D0-0) - Preston [a], Sheff Weds, QPR[a], Sunderland..........4/9

Fulham: Preston(D2-2), Aston Villa [a](L1-2), Bolton(D1-1), Bristol City(L0-2) - Wolves [a], Derby, Sheff Utd [a]...................2/12

Preston NE: Fulham [a](D2-2), Wolves [a](L2-3), Brentford(L2-3) - Aston Villa, Ipswich [a], Bolton, Bristol City [a].....1/9

At the same time the other teams up the top

Sheff Utd: Ipswich(W1-0), Reading(W2-1), Leeds[a](W2-1), QPR[a](L0-1), Hull, Burton[a], Fulham........................................9/12

Cardiff: SHA[a](L0-1), Middlesbrough[a](W1-0), Millwall(D0-0), Ipswich(W3-1), Bristol City[a], Brentford, Barnsley[a]..........7/12

Leeds: Reading (L0-1), Bristol City[a](W3-0), Sheff Utd(L1-2), Derby(L1-2), Brentford[a], Middlesbrough, Wolves[a]............3/12

Obviously a good chance to close the gap tomorrow. A nice little run now and we'll start climbing. Severnside derby next week, Wolves don't have an easy month ahead.

in isolation a draw away at Preston wont be a bad result (and obviously better than a loss) but a win would really burst their bubble and obviously close the gap at the top a little.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

That run of 7 games I was on about a few pages back

Wolves: Aston Villa(W2-0), Preston(W3-2), QPR [a](L1-2), Norwich [a](W2-0) - Fulham, Reading [a], Leeds..........................9/12

Bristol City: Burton (D0-0), Leeds(L0-3), Sunderland [a](W2-1), Fulham [a](W2-0) - Cardiff, Sheff Weds [a], Preston............7/12

Aston Villa: Wolves [a](L0-2), Fulham(W2-1), SHA [a](D0-0) - Preston [a], Sheff Weds, QPR[a], Sunderland..........4/9

Fulham: Preston(D2-2), Aston Villa [a](L1-2), Bolton(D1-1), Bristol City(L0-2) - Wolves [a], Derby, Sheff Utd [a]...................2/12

Preston NE: Fulham [a](D2-2), Wolves [a](L2-3), Brentford(L2-3) - Aston Villa, Ipswich [a], Bolton, Bristol City [a].....1/9

At the same time the other teams up the top

Sheff Utd: Ipswich(W1-0), Reading(W2-1), Leeds[a](W2-1), QPR[a](L0-1), Hull, Burton[a], Fulham........................................9/12

Cardiff: SHA[a](L0-1), Middlesbrough[a](W1-0), Millwall(D0-0), Ipswich(W3-1), Bristol City[a], Brentford, Barnsley[a]..........7/12

Leeds: Reading (L0-1), Bristol City[a](W3-0), Sheff Utd(L1-2), Derby(L1-2), Brentford[a], Middlesbrough, Wolves[a]............3/12

Obviously a good chance to close the gap tomorrow. A nice little run now and we'll start climbing. Severnside derby next week, Wolves don't have an easy month ahead.

in isolation a draw away at Preston wont be a bad result (and obviously better than a loss) but a win would really burst their bubble and obviously close the gap at the top a little.

man, you got it down

I still think Cardiff and Sheffield  will drop out by the end of the season. Boro and Norwich could threaten still. 

Wolves imo will win it.. and then its a fight for the rest. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSV said:

I still think Cardiff and Sheffield  will drop out by the end of the season. Boro and Norwich could threaten still. 

Wolves imo will win it.. and then its a fight for the rest. 

Derby and Leeds will both finish above Cardiff and Sheffield utd in my opinion - I think the top 2 could be any combination of villa derby wolves Leeds Norwich and boro - don’t write off Fulham yet though either .

Far from convinced wolves will stay top but they wIll be in the top 6 

51 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Derby and Leeds will both finish above Cardiff and Sheffield utd in my opinion - I think the top 2 could be any combination of villa derby wolves Leeds Norwich and boro - don’t write off Fulham yet though either .

Far from convinced wolves will stay top but they wIll be in the top 6 

This is how i see it to be honest. I think boro are going to be in top four for sure. If we fail to win today then we really are in trouble.  Need to make a statement tonight after dropping two vitals points at the sty

not looking good is it?

Wolves, Cardiff, ShefU, Leeds, Bristol, Norwich, Derby, Boro all giving it a go.

Is it delusional to think we‘ll finish above 7 of those 8?

is it delusional to think we‘ll finish above 3 of them?

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

not looking good is it?

Wolves, Cardiff, ShefU, Leeds, Bristol, Norwich, Derby, Boro all giving it a go.

Is it delusional to think we‘ll finish above 7 of those 8?

is it delusional to think we‘ll finish above 3 of them?

Yes and we are also giving it a go. 

We need to make a statement tonight 

• Like 2