17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

This is the beginning of a massive month for us as December looks very tricky.

Preston (a)
Sheff W (h)
QPR (a)
Sunderland (h)
Ipswich (h)

They are all winnable games and if we can get something like 11/12 points from them then we would have done well

We’ve fallen so far behind second place and the 2 points per match target, that we basically need to win all 5 matches to get on track.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We’ve fallen so far behind second place and the 2 points per match target, that we basically need to win all 5 matches to get on track.

Yup. Tbh it is doable and I tend to not think about the 2 point target as much as closing the gap between us and the top 2. Stay within 3 to 5 points going into the last 2 or 3 months and then anything can happen.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Stay within 3 to 5 points going into the last 2 or 3 months and then anything can happen.

That would worry me. 

I wouldn’t be confident of closing that gap in 2-3 months.

We need to be in top two ASAP and us with a gap of 3-5 points to third place.

Even then I’d be worried about us blowing it at the end.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I would be quite confident that won't happen.

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

If anyone thinks we are going to win ALL of our next five games them I suggest they haven't been watching us play. (Or looked at the table.)

To be fair we stumbled on to something like 6 or 7 wins in a row last season possibly playing worse didn't we?

Keep the faith. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

The mid-division beneath us is absolutely packed - 3 points less than us in 14th are Fulham with 20 points as it stands (live table). We can't rely on results like we had last weekend going our way (and not capitalising), we really need to win tomorrow.

• Like 1

I said the other day that we were - prior to the weekend's games - only 2 points above the position that we ended up in last season.

It's ok people thinking we are doing well because we won 5 out of 6 etc but the hard truth is that start to the season left us sat on the grid whilst our rivals shot off into the distance.

This team needs to win, win and win again and carry on with that mentality because, if they don't, they will still be in this league next season. 

It all relies upon our manager growing a pair and stop with the negativity!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not a great start for us results wise already

Eh... oh well, we could be Sunderland.

On a serious note though, this is the reason people have been moaning about not taking results when we should have ffs.