17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

doesnt matter who we face. Excuses are out of the way and nothing but automatic promotion will be accepted next season

Can't believe I'm saying this but.... I'm completely with Zatman on this. Automatic promotion and nothing else. Anything else won't be good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Could we try Tshibola in the DM role? With a full pre season under his belt, if he rotates with Jedinak we won't have to rely on him as heavily 

He can't even get into a doomed Forest side at the minute, so I feel like it's unlikely. When Bruce was talking about players out on loan a couple of weeks back he didn't mention him, I think we will move him on in the summer. 

• Like 1

I think we're starting to consitantly get to grips with what is required at this level now.

It's not all about spending millions and millions and expecting teams to roll over against you.

We're starting to do the basics well and getting the results. I'm not really concerned about flashy football tbh, plenty of times I've seen Newcastle this season and they've just been a better version of us, functional and ground out results home and away.

If you look at how we lost at Huddersfield, at least we had plenty of decent chances in that game which is a complete contrast to pretty much every away game we've played v a top half team this season.

We're getting there in that we can keep clean sheets now and creating a decent amount per game so looking forward to next season.

Hopefully it won't be yet another false dawn.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

It does matter IMO. I'd rather have a team like Hull come down who have no ambition to spend, rather than Leicester who would be likely to keep someone like Vardy due to nobody else wanting to pay his huge wages. 

Take it from me , Leicester ain't going down . And anyway let's just concentrate on the remainder of this season .

This morning a guy walked into work for an appointment. We got chatting and he turned out to be a Wednesday fan.

I let him do most of the talking, and as I listened I became more and more horrified.

He went on to tell me it's 16 yrs they've been out the prem. He said they were one of the founding members of the prem, and added another capacity stat that will he said will never be beaten.

Inside I was thinking, boring has been team, spouting nonsense. Then it hit me....that is the slope we're slipping down. Has been street here we come.

I don't care how we get there, but let's get out of this dog shite league and fast!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He can't even get into a doomed Forest side at the minute, so I feel like it's unlikely. When Bruce was talking about players out on loan a couple of weeks back he didn't mention him, I think we will move him on in the summer. 

Yeah I think your right. Future doesn't look good for tish which is a shame as I think he looks decent and has potential. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a attitude thing

There is in my view one player, that I am looking for big things from next season.

He is young, but I think he has it in him, to improve dramatically.

I think in terms of the team......We need big performances from him to set alight Kodjia and Hogan.

We need a wide man that tantalises the life out of the opposition, every game.

In the same way that Brian Little and Gary Shaw came on to the scene.....I am hoping he can emulate that impact.

That player is Andre Green.

IMO.....He can be a big player for us......and we need a big player in that position.

fingers crossed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 14/03/2017 at 17:48, skarroki said:

Could we try Tshibola in the DM role? With a full pre season under his belt, if he rotates with Jedinak we won't have to rely on him as heavily 

He wasn't even in Forest's squad yesterday.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He wasn't even in Forest's squad yesterday.

Injured or dropped? 

Seems odd Bruce didn't want to use him even when we were short in midfield - maybe more than meets the eye with him behind the scenes?

On 3/15/2017 at 08:26, villan_007 said:

This morning a guy walked into work for an appointment. We got chatting and he turned out to be a Wednesday fan.

I let him do most of the talking, and as I listened I became more and more horrified.

He went on to tell me it's 16 yrs they've been out the prem. He said they were one of the founding members of the prem, and added another capacity stat that will he said will never be beaten.

Inside I was thinking, boring has been team, spouting nonsense. Then it hit me....that is the slope we're slipping down. Has been street here we come.

I don't care how we get there, but let's get out of this dog shite league and fast!!!

One of the reasons, whilst I agree with the sentiment of "I don't want us to go up this year, we need another year here to solidify the team". The reality is that we are not by any means "Guaranteed" going up next season, so it shouldn't be an afterthought.

so even if the chance is next to nil, I still think we should give everything to win our remaining games.

Not going up next season won't necessarily even have to do with us not being good, we simply have no idea what will happen with other teams.

It's not like Fifa where I can restart an unsaved game to change the result, it's real life, full of variables.

It's a dangerous game.

catch 22.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, KHV said:

Aaron Tshibola is a dreadful player. He has no future at Villa or any other club. 

Can't agree with that,our best player in a couple of early games.Just needs to adapt his game

to this club,i think he's still a good prospect.We'll see but it's up to him really

22 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Can't agree with that,our best player in a couple of early games.Just needs to adapt his game

to this club,i think he's still a good prospect.We'll see but it's up to him really

Lazy, dreadful first touch and never fit.

Utter crap

Yeah we can't rely on the likes of Tish and Gards to be regulars in case of injuries to the main midfielders. I'd like us to bring in one more DM and one CB.

Also Adomah is the only senior winger at the club so 2 wingers, or one winger who can play either side, maybe Tom Ince? Happy with the rest of the squad.

EDIT: A keeper too! so I was thinking we need a quiet window and thats already 5 players

Edited by Junxs