17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We'll be out the playoffs tonight. Oh dear. 

Well the whole point many have been trying to make about needing 2 points per game is because that’s whatvseparates you from the other dozen sides who will be “ in contention” for the play offs right through until April. It’s anybody’s guess who gets those 4 spots and which of those 4 then get the sole victory worth having.

We are a play off bet only and have been since September, whether we are “in” or “out” of the play off positions in any given week will remain immaterial until May.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We were so comfortable in the top four the crumble job lately has been pathetic

Well it’s a matter of opinion of course but in my view we’ve not been comfortable at all. It took a sustained run to get in and really the results since Bruce arrived have never suggested that type of run would become the norm.

I woukdntvsay we’ve crumbled so much as conformed to type, some scratchy wins, some good ones, a couple of good performances, and a fair few poor ones.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dropping out of the playoffs for any period of time from hereonin should be a sackable offence.

I know what you mean but the problem with “ getting into the play offs” being a sort of acceptable mind set by the Club and fans is that we could play very poorly for the next three months, scrape a few wins, and STILL be in that semi mythical “ contention”.

Because of that I am certain that even if we drop a good few points outside 6th the argument will be “ we are still in it”.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dropping out of the playoffs for any period of time from hereonin should be a sackable offence.

Anyone at the club doing Hero(n)in should be sacked :D

• Haha 2

Just now, terrytini said:

I know what you mean but the problem with “ getting into the play offs” being a sort of acceptable mind set by the Club and fans is that we could play very poorly for the next three months, scrape a few wins, and STILL be in that semi mythical “ contention”.

Because of that I am certain that even if we drop a good few points outside 6th the argument will be “ we are still in it”.

I can understand that by the fans that still believe he can take us up. 

But the club set the target of automatic promotion. Being so far off should cost him

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone still wanna say rowetts over rated when I said what a great manager he is?  We struggle to get a shot against millwall and 35 mins in derby  three up. I'm backing them for second

They're a team that has been built over a few years with a good young manager. 

We will probably be in a similar situation in around 2, 3 years if we fail to get promoted this season. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They're a team that has been built over a few years with a good young manager. 

We will probably be in a similar situation in around 2, 3 years if we fail to get promoted this season. 

Gary Rowett is a good young manager I agree. But he’s only been their since March. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Gary Rowett is a good young manager I agree. But he’s only been their since March. 

And in the 12 months before he arrived they had 4 different managers. So they were hardly a stable unit that just needed tweaking. 

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not enough time to have any proper impact. He needs at least 12 months plus ideally around £20m to spend. Also he has no Premier League experience.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Indeed but I don't believe he has made wholesale changes has he?. He has improved a team that have been in the promotion mix for some years now. 

I may be wrong about that though. 

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully that will give them a kick up the backside as I think the last few games they have under performed greatly and maybe think they already in the promotion hunt. 

We were so comfortable in the top four the crumble job lately has been pathetic

Who do you mean?

Players?

or

Management? (including Owner, Board, Manager, Staff and the traing cones)

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

You were in for Lee Johnson about a year ago.

He stayed and got a new contract. A month later we started our record breaking run of defeats.

And today we have just put Aden Flint up front.

Lee Johnson managed the club through a record breaking run of defeats? So if any manager did that at Villa he would be sacked without a doubt.