17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Injuries to key players while away to a form team have done us today, we just did not have a threat. That said, hopefully that is the bit of bad luck that we were well due, very kind fixtures now for a few weeks. 

Absolutely, not the be all and end all but we need to capitalise on these games and get back into 2nd asap.

Other results can also be kind to us.

You can't help but be disappointed when we lose but we have to put it into perspective of the run that has gone before it. That is also now by far the toughest away game we had left out of the way and with four very winnable games coming up we can now put another winning run together.

I am still very confident we will be promoted and I think at the start of the season we'd have all taken automatic promotion being in our own hands with 14 games to go.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

We have a very winnable number of games next six weeks.

Cardiff have a very tough run from Middle of March to second week of April.

I expect us to be second by start of April.

Did people really think we were just going to win every game between now and the end of the season.

I did cringe at some of the pre match selections on here and elsewhere predicting 3/4-0 wins and just ignoring Fulham winning their last six at home.

It was always going to be a tough match and losing Adomah and Jack were massive blows. Hopefully they'll be back soon as we certainly need them.

Boro for me are now out of it. They keep losing to teams around them. You won’t get play offs losing to the likes of us and Cardiff.

boro spent a hell of a lot of money in the summer and could find 5emselves like us if they don’t go up

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We have a very winnable number of games next six weeks.

Cardiff have a very tough run from Middle of March to second week of April.

I expect us to be second by start of April.

Did people really think we were just going to win every game between now and the end of the season.

I did cringe at some of the pre match selections on here and elsewhere predicting 3/4-0 wins and just ignoring Fulham winning their last six at home.

It was always going to be a tough match and losing Adomah and Jack were massive blows. Hopefully they'll be back soon as we certainly need them.

Easy to get carried away when winning or when losing. 

We need to bounce back Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Well that might have knocked a bit of euphoria out of us, but looking at the bigger picture, coming off the back of a seven match winning run we can’t really moan, it was going to happen sometime.  It also has to be remembered that Fulham are on a very good streak and we’re at home. It’s how we respond now that counts. Last season we had good runs of wins and then disturbing runs of losses. We can’t afford to do that this season. 

The concerns for me are two fold. Firstly whilst the recent results have been excellent, the performances in some of the games were pretty average and those games could have ended differently. Secondly our results against the better teams in this division are still decidedly poor. Aside from Bristol City I don’t think we have beaten any of our promotion rivals. 

To add some balance, I do believe we’re a stronger unit than we were last season and in the first half of this season. The squad appears to be more resilient and knows how to win games. So Tuesday is very important. Do we react positively and dismiss today’s result as a mere bump in the road, or react poorly and go on a bad run as we have in the not too distant past? Possibly a season defining moment, hopefully in the right way. 

26 minutes ago, John said:

Cardiff keep picking up wins it looks like we can't rely on other teams to beat them after today and will need to beat them at Villa Park ourselves.

They have won 4 from their last 10 and we have made 10 points up on them in the last 10 games - they have a tougher run in than us and have to play all the top 6 apart from Fulham yet .

id still rather be in our shoes than theirs looking at the remaining games.

far more worried about Fulham, than Cardiff .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Boro for me are now out of it. They keep losing to teams around them. You won’t get play offs losing to the likes of us and Cardiff.

boro spent a hell of a lot of money in the summer and could find 5emselves like us if they don’t go up

They can still make the play offs but they are out of the automatic chase. 

‘I’d fancy boro to make up 4 points on Bristol city 

Tough game today. Disappointed we didn't look like winning after they took the lead. Can't compensate for what Johnstone did and was always uphill struggle after that. We were lucky to only concede two so will take that positive out of this one. 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

They have won 4 from their last 10 and we have made 10 points up on them in the last 10 games - they have a tougher run in than us and have to play all the top 6 apart from Fulham yet .

id still rather be in our shoes than theirs looking at the remaining games.

Yep and they have to come to us, we will be ready for it as well

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So apparently Jack and Adomah still doubts for Tuesday, not great.

Wondering how comes green is not fit? H3 could have added something different tonight. For me I’d play Lansbury if neither plays

• Like 1