Hull Away W 74
Reading Home W 77
Norwich Away L 77
Cardiff Home D 78
Leeds Home D 79
Ipswich Away D 80
Derby  Home W 83
Millwall Away W 86

How I reckon we will do each game. Whatever the results we need to win 10/11 out of the next 18 games. 

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Is it bad that part of me doesn't actually want to go up?

I don't miss the Sunday Premier League games at all.

Though I would love to see Dr.X's approach to us being in the Premier League.

Yes - it's bad.

Why anyone would want to stay in this shitty division rather than competing with the best teams is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If @omariqy‘s  prediction turns out to be accurate, the Bruce thread will be fun between the Norwich and Ipswich games.

If it helps I started the predictions before the Ipswich game and I have only got two results right so far yet we are pretty much on the same points as I thought we would be. 

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

How I reckon we will do each game. Whatever the results we need to win 10/11 out of the next 18 games. 

Agree, if 2nd are the target. I think 86 points will do if we beat Derby. Hard to get all those 86 points, only lose two games from Christmas until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I think 1st place is absolutely achievable, like @Jareth said, Wolves has to be the target, they aren’t really even that far ahead of us, what is there 19 games left? They lost to forest at home! They can very easily lose many more games yet, they haven’t had their wobble yet but odds are they will. 

We should be excited and optimistic, let’s go for the title! 

If you look at their fixtures they have so many tough away games to come. They could quite easily go on a bad run. Unlikely but could happen. If they drop points next game and we win it's nine points. We were 9 points from second weeks ago and now look

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Agree, if 2nd are the target. I think 86 points will do if we beat Derby. Hard to get all those 86 points, only lose two games from Christmas until the end of the season.

I also think 86 points will get 2nd place 

16 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Too many draws there for my liking.  And I'd fancy us doing ipswich and getting something at Wednesday.

Yeah there's six draws there turn two of them in to wins and we could lose a few more than 2, and I think we will lose more than two games from here to the end of the season. 

48 minutes ago, omariqy said:
Sheff Utd Away D 51
Burton Home W 54
Brum Home W 57
Fulham Away D 58
Preston Home W 61
Sheff Wed Away L 61
QPR Home W 64
Sunderland Away W 67
Wolves Home D 68
Bolton Away W 71
Hull Away W 74
Reading Home W 77
Norwich Away L 77
Cardiff Home D 78
Leeds Home D 79
Ipswich Away D 80
Derby  Home W 83
Millwall Away W 86

I think we will beat Norwich, we always do. Agree with the rest of your results, which would put us at 89 points. I think that should see us home.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yeah there's six draws there turn two of them in to wins and we could lose a few more than 2, and I think we will lose more than two games from here to the end of the season. 

Yep.  Newcastle and Brighton lost 10 and 9 last season. I'd expect another 3 or maybe 4 but we need to have the wins as well.

I would of course rather finish 2nd than go through the lottery of the play-offs, but the football gods guaranteed promotion this season i would rather a trip to Wembley than finishing 2nd. 

Derby have a few tough away games still to play, got to go to Millwall who have hardly lost at home this season next week and later on they will go to Forest who are improving under Karanka. They also still have to go to Wolves.

They're better away than at home as they've drawn a few at Pride Park recently.

They don't look the sort to me that will just reel off 7-8 straight wins so we are well in this if we keep up this consistant level.

Derby have a million strikers on their books (Chris Martin, Weimann, Darren Bent, Johnny Russell, Tom Lawrence, Vydra and Winnall).

Seem well stocked in midfield to me....Joe Ledley, Huddlestone,Bradley Johnson George Thorne etc.

To me it's whether their counter attacking tactics will get them enough wins when it matters....bit like us under MON when teams work start to work us out second half of the season and the wins would dry up around March.

Derby in recent seasons have a tedency to blow up in the last six weeks.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1