17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

59 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

3 points off 2nd, but yes it sure as shit is happening.

4 points away to actually occupy 2nd place due to our inferior goal difference... ;)

but yes, it sure feels like its happening!!  :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Based on the last six games, we’re third behind Fulham and Brentford.

Based on the last four games, yes we are.

Fulham per usual are making their move. They usually just come out of nowhere. Brentford are a great footballing side too. I think it's clear wolves are the team, but they are having a mini rough patch at the moment. Villa at our best are not far behind wolves, imo. We seem very strong at the minute. 

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

4 points away to actually occupy 2nd place due to our inferior goal difference... ;)

but yes, it sure feels like its happening!!  :D

We'll they would have to lose so that gap should be smaller as we'd increase our goal difference by winning ^_^. Belieeeeeeeve!

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Fulham per usual are making their move. They usually just come out of nowhere. Brentford are a great footballing side too. I think it's clear wolves are the team, but they are having a mini rough patch at the moment. Villa at our best are not far behind wolves, imo. We seem very strong at the minute. 

Playing at our best vs. Every other teams best I think only wolves could get a narrow win. It's consistently performing at a high level which we seem to be doing now. Fulham are ones to watch, more dangerous than Cardiff who will fall off. 

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Playing at our best vs. Every other teams best I think only wolves could get a narrow win. It's consistently performing at a high level which we seem to be doing now. Fulham are ones to watch, more dangerous than Cardiff who will fall off. 

Yes Fulham are really flying right now. Mind you they played the crappiest team in this division today, but they slaughtered them. Cardiff did not impress at all today and were nearly undone by shef wed multiple times today. I think they will fall off too.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I am very wary of Fulham coming in and challenging for 2nd. They play cracking football and our game against them will be massive.

Didn't they lose against Sunderland only a few weeks back?

Edit: They only drew 2-2 at Hull who are in abysmal form.

Good team but not sure they'll win enough away games to be in contention for second. In February and March they play Bristol City, Derby, Norwich and Preston all away.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

It may stem from an over positive feeling at the moment but I have a feeling wolves are going to have a bad run after today. 

To the point where we could over take them at some point.

Really, really doubt that. That would mean they have to lose 4 times in a row and we win all 4.

To anyone worried about Fulham this is their run of games from mid February

Fulham- Villa

Bristol City- Fulham

Fulham-Wolves

Derby-Fulham

Fulham Sheff United

Preston- Fulham

I'd guess at the bookies offering 2,00000000000000000,00000000000-1 they win all those games. :D

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really, really doubt that. That would mean they have to lose 4 times in a row and we win all 4.

Really doubt it too, but there are many games left and it's far from impossible. Either way it's all down to us anyhow and second place would do just fine. We just have to focus on winning and winning consistently from now on. Masters of our on fate and all that jazz. I want other teams to look at us like who dem buahs, who dem is.

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yeah I'm not even looking at Wolves, they'll get through this couple poor games and still win the league fairly comfortably I'd imagine. It's all on 2nd. 

Its wise to ignore them.....but you never know how things can turn out.

keep winning and see where it takes us.