17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They deserved this. Completely destroyed reading second half. They are the real deal for 2nd I'm afraid. Real belief.

All stems from their manager.

Once Warnock senses he's got a good squad to work with he produces these type of teams at this level.

There is a long way to go and this is such is a difficult league to predict. Sheff Utd are a good example of that as they were flying a couple of weeks ago and have now failed to win in four.

This weekend we failed to beat Millwall at home and Wolves failed to beat Sunderland and you'd have said both were home bankers.

Despite a poor result on Saturday we are no further behind second. Automatic promotion is still up for grabs and we are well in the mix for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

There is a long way to go and this is such is a difficult league to predict. Sheff Utd are a good example of that as they were flying a couple of weeks ago and have now failed to win in four.

This weekend we failed to beat Millwall at home and Wolves failed to beat Sunderland and you'd have said both were home bankers.

Despite a poor result on Saturday we are no further behind second. Automatic promotion is still up for grabs and we are well in the mix for it.

Love your optimism, wish I had the same belief.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

When I see Cardiff coming back from being completely outplayed with various injuries I feel less confident. The gap hasn't increased but we blew another chance to close the gap. That millwall result could cost us end if season. We are going to drop more points on weekend so I am not feeling confident as it stands

Despite poor results for the Top 2 we are no closer to them.

We still need to average 2 points per game for Automatic Promotion ( in my humble opinion) and have still, after 15 months of Brucie, never managed that over a sustained period. Nor looked like it.

We are in a battle for the far, far, far less difficult and less useful Play Off places. We are as far from second as we are from 11th.

Couldn't make it up if you tried, VINTAGE Villa.

2 of the teams we have been chasing aggressively with little to no ground made up finally drop points (wolves/Cardiff) and we bottle it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN