17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Blimey....so if we lose 0-3 at their place but Win 4-3 at ours, we Win !!;)

We might as well park the bus when we visit Ayresome Park if away goals dont count.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thejoker said:

I’m dreading the playoffs. Just thinking about them gives me butterflies, and we’ve got 2 weeks until the first leg. It’s going to be horrendous to watch especially if we reach the final. 

Just imagine penalties, all those butterflies will just vanish!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Just imagine penalties, all those butterflies will just vanish!

Famous last words, but if it came to it I think we’ve got a handful of decent penalty takers.

Additional famous last words, as a club we’ve been fairly successful at penalty shootouts over the years.

Hopefully we don’t have to challenge either of those statements and win out right.

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Famous last words, but if it came to it I think we’ve got a handful of decent penalty takers.

Additional famous last words, as a club we’ve been fairly successful at penalty shootouts over the years.

Hopefully we don’t have to challenge either of those statements and win out right.

Penalties dont exist...... la la la (fingers in ears)

First time in the last two years - I am not too bothered by the score of a Villa game, in a good way.

Wife is delighted that I am not going to sit in front of TV this coming weekend, but got annoyed when I told her I have to stay at home for the following two Saturdays (12nd/19th).

Can't wait to watch the Wembley play-off final in 2 weeks time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

Am I right in thinking we haven't had a penalty given against us all season? 

Johnstone has probably forgotten what to do. 

You had to say it didn’t you........? So now we don’t only know we aren’t going up we know it’ll be a Penalty that does it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

shows what a slick bunch at the back we have.....something for the opposition to think about too.

12 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Phew....Boro’ in the Cup. We are back in with a chance..

How hard do people think it will be to get two tickets for this? 

I've booked the tues off to come up from London and stay over night with missus just worried its going to be hard to get tickets as only been to four games this year

6 hours ago, John said:

Still worried, if we win 3-1 away and draw the home leg 0-0 we lose! :D

I'll just have to ask somebody at the end of the home game....." are we through"

my brain hurts:D

• Haha 1

So we are basically guaranteed to get Boro.

Boro last match is against Ipswich which isn't an easy match. Derby have Barnsley and they need to win to stay in it. Boro would need to lose, and Derby would need to win by a few to get 5th. 

Preston has an outside chance. If Derby lose against Barnsley (unlikely), then Preston will probably beat Burton and take that last spot. 

I'm still holding onto hope that Cardiff slip up against Reading, and Fulham take 2nd. I feel like we can beat Cardiff. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So we are basically guaranteed to get Boro.

Boro last match is against Ipswich which isn't an easy match. Derby have Barnsley and they need to win to stay in it. Boro would need to lose, and Derby would need to win by a few to get 5th. 

All it would take for Derby to finish 5th is for them to beat Barnsley at home by 2 goals and Boro to lose away at Ipswich by a single goal. They would then have the same points and goal difference but Derby would have scored more goals. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How hard do people think it will be to get two tickets for this? 

I've booked the tues off to come up from London and stay over night with missus just worried its going to be hard to get tickets as only been to four games this year

I imagine we'll open top of Trinity, and having been to four games I'd imagine your chances are very good. Especially on a Tuesday night too. 

Bit disappointed they're charging season ticket holders though - I feel this should be part of the ticket, if nothing else as a show of thanks for all the support over the last few years.

5 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

First time in the last two years - I am not too bothered by the score of a Villa game, in a good way.

Wife is delighted that I am not going to sit in front of TV this coming weekend, but got annoyed when I told her I have to stay at home for the following two Saturdays (12nd/19th).

Can't wait to watch the Wembley play-off final in 2 weeks time!

Wembley play off final is May 26th .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wembley play off final is May 26th .

Well.... didn’t know that. Thanks.

Planned to take kids to the zoo on that day... have to annoy wife again I guess.:mrgreen:

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I imagine we'll open top of Trinity, and having been to four games I'd imagine your chances are very good. Especially on a Tuesday night too. 

Bit disappointed they're charging season ticket holders though - I feel this should be part of the ticket, if nothing else as a show of thanks for all the support over the last few years.

Get where you’re coming from, and understand why you don’t fancy paying beyond your season ticket, but it’s a business and not a charity. Staff and overheads to open up Villa Park an additional time beyond the standard season got to be covered. Would be a remarkable gesture and at the end of the day would be coming out of Tony’s back pocket, potentially reducing funds for other purposes, buying players etc. Don’t mind paying an additional £20-30 personally

• Like 1