17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

@TROshame on you !!

For the last 36 games we’ve equalled Fulham....therefore if we’d made the right start ditto !

Keep the Faith !

Terry, you are right.

but their control of the football, blew me away tonight, particulary in the second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Terry, you are right.

but their control of the football, blew me away tonight, particulary in the second half.

Yes it was top quality stuff....but Millwall allowed them to do it in important areas....the twice we’ve played them we’ve not done that ( until 2 down at their place)

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My bad. I was confusing him with Mitrovic. Thought he was on loan from the boys in the striped pyjamas. 

Please tell me you dont refer to Newcastle as "the boys in the striped pyjamas"?

Makes me picture Jonjo Shelvey.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say the same.

We had this debate on here last time I watched them against Brentford.

Sorry but it has reiterated my view.

Their passing, moving, mixing up of style of play, speed etc are far superior to anything I have seen from us.

The best way I can describe it is that we are very "Old school" and straightforward. 

Their manager has done a great job.

Mek ya red eye.

• Like 1

Fulham unbeaten in 22 games. That is rediculous. Really do not want us going up against them in the playoffs. 

Even Millwall went 17 unbeaten before tonight. These are the sorts of runs that teams need to go on to get promoted. We haven’t quite achieved this, so maybe playoffs is about right for us this time around. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

They might not even get there.

The next two games are Boro away and then at home to Villa. 

Could be all over for them!

After last night I hope they do qualify.:D

• Like 2

Yes, Fulham looked top drawer last night and they are on a terrific run but all good runs come to an end just ask Millwall. They are a team that I would rather avoid in the playoffs but they have been incredibly fortunate with injuries. Would they be as effective in those playoffs without one or all of Sessegnon, Mitrovic and Cairney for example? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At the time I thought it was good business.

However since McCormack is pretty much a write off, for that sum, we prob actually could have gotten our version Neves/Sessegnon or some other top quality prodigy, wages included ffs.

Depressing.

Very very true.. but knowing Bruce even if we got Salah, he would have numerous crosses into the box & after half a season we would have a similar Hogan thread & many would agree he’s waste of money & should get rid.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fulham were good one half the first half millwall were robbed of a goal and missed countless chances.

Second half they were very good. Could have been so different if the ref didnt make that mistake.  But i accepted play offs so am not too disheartened.

Personally I want it to go to the last game as if blose are in relegation zone fulham have to win

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally I want it to go to the last game as if blose are in relegation zone fulham have to win

I’d be surprised if it didn’t come down to the last game. 

Whatever happens, Fulham or Cardiff will be going into the play offs feeling they shouldn’t be there. Whether that affects them will be interesting to see. 

Hi guys I know it’s not the right thread but I thought I’d give early notice I can’t make the Millwall game so if anyone wants to go.....I’ve already got the ticket so can Post it in plenty time....I don’t want paying so a tenner donation to VT should do it :)

Edit - it’s gone ..

Edited by terrytini
Ticket now gone
  • Like 1

Have to say, this whole notion of us being in the right frame of mind to approach the play offs is bang on, Fulham reporters, let alone fans are so adamant they are getting promoted it's unreal, they are literally foaming at the mouths about their importance. If we have anything, it is an ability to self deprecate unparalleled by any other set of fans, possibly because we are so far removed from open water, however I just think we are pole position for that last spot in so many ways.