17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It does when you have one days less rest with so many games squashed together and the added pressure that comes playing later

We actually got an extra day rest from international break

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think he's talking about Tuesday, we will have one day less rest compared to Reading because they played today. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

:D Ah come on! You know what he means.

An extra day’s rest when every other team got 13 days rest isn’t going to make much difference.

Whereas one extra day’s rest for Norwich is more beneficial to them when we’ve only had 3 days rest by the time we face them.

I think all of it matters not now, but it could have made a difference.

• Like 1

We had Jedi, Chester, Bjarnason, Hogan, Davis, Taylor, Hourihane playing games some in far places. Welsh lads in China and Bjarnie in USA

We were contending we be moaning about that lack of rest

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Sunderland 3-1 up at Derby

The way Bristol city , Sheffield Utd and derby have blown up is what I expected to happen to Cardiff too - credit where it’s due , I don’t like their style but to win 8 in a row at  this time of the season they have shown more balls than us - warnock has worked wonders with them .

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Think he's talking about Tuesday, we will have one day less rest compared to Reading because they played today. 

If players these days cannot play on a Saturday and Tuesday then the game is gone to pot - often seen villa play Saturday and Monday games in bank holiday weekends when the squad was half the size they are now .

players get obscene money these days - playing Saturday and Tuesday should not be a problem to them . 

‘Reading have  the new manager bounce and will be a tricky test for us 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing 3-1 At home to Sunderland is abysmal. I think derby will finish 6th now with boro 5th

I don't...... I think Millwall will make the play offs.

They are in the ascendency.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

With 2 games every week pretty much from now until the play offs, the smart move would be to accept that the autos have gone and use the squad properly from now until then.

Huddersfield took some belters from everyone for resting their entire team in the final game of the last season, but it proved a masterstroke as they were the freshest going into the playoffs and won them.

Rotating the players will keep them fresh rather than playing the same strongest eleven every game trying to chase 2nd, which just isnt going to happen

I'm with you in one sense.

But on the other front, as much as I champion autos are dreamland.

5 wins in the next 2 weeks could throw up anything.

We need to do our best till it's impossible.

Furthermore, the higher we finish, the lower the playoff opposition no?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing 3-1 At home to Sunderland is abysmal. I think derby will finish 6th now with boro 5th

Derby are finished this season. Millwall will do us on the last day to claim 6th, if they haven't sealed a play off spot already.

I don't think 'Boro will get play offs either - they are poor in attack and struggle against the top sides too much. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bristol City or Sheffield United get a second wind and finish in the last two play spots with Millwall. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't...... I think Millwall will make the play offs.

They are in the ascendency.

Really wouldn’t fancy a trip to the den in the play offs - we’d be lambs to the slaughter 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Really wouldn’t fancy a trip to the den in the play offs - we’d be lambs to the slaughter 

Blimey. I thought that we were Aston Villa. Since when has a two leg fixture against Millwall been considered a difficult prospect for us? If we finish in the play offs I would love to play them in a semi final.

As Villa fans we need to man up a bit. We still have a very good chance of promotion this season. Second is looking unlikely but it is not yet impossible. If we are in the play offs then we will be the team to avoid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It does when you have one days less rest with so many games squashed together and the added pressure that comes playing later

It's just what happens when your game get picked for TV and we are just going to be in the playoffs anyway so in the grand scheme of things it's nothing to get worked up about.  

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Derby are finished this season. Millwall will do us on the last day to claim 6th, if they haven't sealed a play off spot already.

I don't think 'Boro will get play offs either - they are poor in attack and struggle against the top sides too much. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bristol City or Sheffield United get a second wind and finish in the last two play spots with Millwall. 

The last game maybe academic.

We above all else need to display the application, desire, will, determination, composure....allied to our undoubted ability......and snap out of these recent appalling displays.

We need to exhibit the mental toughness that is befitting a team with promotion ambitions.

It is still in our own hands to make the play offs and win them.

Players who don't show the fight, should be left out.

44 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

How many is positive about this? I think we are screwed in a playoff. Too bad for Bruce but August to November counts in a whole season.

The problem is we don’t know which Villa will turn up. Will it be the all guns blazing Villa who turned over Wolves and Bristol, or the dogged determined Villa side who earned a hard fought win against Sheff Utd? Or will it be the QPR uninspired, no show Villa.

If we play somewhere between the Wolves/Sheff Utd performance then I fancy us to win it. If it’s anything like the QPR performance, we haven’t got a chance.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey. I thought that we were Aston Villa. Since when has a two leg fixture against Millwall been considered a difficult prospect for us? If we finish in the play offs I would love to play them in a semi final.

As Villa fans we need to man up a bit. We still have a very good chance of promotion this season. Second is looking unlikely but it is not yet impossible. If we are in the play offs then we will be the team to avoid.

Not sure its the fans who need to man up.;)

• Like 2