17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Even I dint think we will drop out the top six but fir me we have to finish 3rd or 4th. Having second leg at villa park could be vital. I think playing derby in play offs would be best scenario. It’s unlikely we would play Fulham in a two leg game unless one of those will implode

Not too fussed about the 2nd leg at home - we don’t have a great record of 1st legs away and ion some ways I fear we could be out of it in the first leg if we got turned over by 2 or more - at home I’d fancy us more in the first leg as the more pressure on us at villa park the more like;y I think we’d crumble .

if we came back here with even a one Goal deficit I wouldn’t fancy us as teams would park the bus to defend it and we struggle to break teams down .

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wolves performance was all for nothing. Wolves and Cardiff really kicked on in last week and we didnt

The wolves performance was crucial.....It proved beyond speculation that we could beat( and handsomely) a fully fit first eleven Wolves team.

what a peg in the ground, to have discovered.

Now , we have to find out why such a team can reach such low depths of poor performance in the space of 1 week......It will be Interesting.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

The wolves performance was crucial.....It proved beyond speculation that we could beat( and handsomely) a fully fit first eleven Wolves team.

Now , we have to find out why such a team can reach such low depths of poor performance in the space of 1 week......It will be Interesting.

Yes, That will be something to look back on with pleasure next season when we are sitting mid-table in the Championship.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

On our performances vs other top teams it looks a one-off performance

• Like 2

I'm trying to put the disappointment of the week into some sort of perspective.

It was only in 2016 we dropped out of the arse end the Prem in a total capitulation

We smashed the best team in the League at home so that has to give us hope that we can rise to the big occasions if we are in the playoffs

We have massively improved on last season and already beaten our points total and drastically improved our goal scoring

We are on course to exceed our biggest points tally of any season I can remember  ( I am 47 )..The 78 Pts in 87-88 that got us promoted back to Div 1

All in all it's as a good a turnaround from where we were that I think you can reasonably expect. It's still not over either.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone hear Warnock rant today that derby deliberately wanted the came called off because of their injury crisis?

Ha - no surprise , that’s warnock all over .

same guy who tried to get half his team sent off to get a game abandoned once they were down to 8 men 

dirty scoundrel  ( gets results though )

:D

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think I'd quite like Fulham to sneak second. I have a feeling we'd be better against Cardiff.

Me too although I’d rather Cardiff in a final than 2 legs as we would get bullied out of it in wales and turned over I think . 

‘At Wembley - bring them on !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Ha - no surprise , that’s warnock all over .

same guy who tried to get half his team sent off to get a game abandoned once they were down to 8 men 

dirty scoundrel  ( gets results though )

:D

To be fair I just seen the surrounding area of derby it was 100% the right decision. The pitch was as bad if not worse than ours.

Warnockjust wibbling. I hope.his comments fire up derby npw 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Either that or Wolves just didn't turn up. Could've just been a freak result. I don't even know anymore tbh. So pissed off at how we've thrown it away

We could have been just 1 point behind Cardiff today if we didn't blow it against QPR and **** Bolton. 

Even so we're still in it tbh. It's still 7 points and not 10 so all is not lost. We have to keep winning from here though. Hull on Saturday will show if we got the mettle or not.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We could have been just 1 point behind Cardiff today if we didn't blow it against QPR and **** Bolton. 

Even so we're still in it tbh. It's still 7 points and not 10 so all is not lost. We have to keep winning from here though. Hull on Saturday will show if we got the mettle or not.

The only saving joy I have in the very unlikely situation for us in second is that Cardiff will have a huge run of games this will be a tough game to add in. 

I really do think Fulham will get second now. We absolutely blew it. The bottlers.

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was lay thinking this last night. Gutted that we’ve missed such an opportunity to be sat just 1 point behind them going into the internationals. 

Like you say, we still have a chance providing we find form immediately. Cardiff have a tough run, and huge fixture congestion now. If they stutter it could be costly now. 

29 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I was lay thinking this last night. Gutted that we’ve missed such an opportunity to be sat just 1 point behind them going into the internationals. 

Like you say, we still have a chance providing we find form immediately. Cardiff have a tough run, and huge fixture congestion now. If they stutter it could be costly now. 

Let’s say we win 6 and  draw 2 of our last 8 - it would take us to 89 meaning Cardiff need just 14 points from 27 to reach 90 .

For me now our automatic chance is blown - it’s all about the play offs now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The only saving joy I have in the very unlikely situation for us in second is that Cardiff will have a huge run of games this will be a tough game to add in. 

I really do think Fulham will get second now. We absolutely blew it. The bottlers.

What might have been. We could have been six points clear of Fulham today as well as a point behind Cardiff had we managed to get two wins last week.:(

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Let’s say we win 6 and  draw 2 of our last 8 - it would take us to 89 meaning Cardiff need just 14 points from 27 to reach 90 .

For me now our automatic chance is blown - it’s all about the play offs now.

I think we’d have to win all eight games and I’m still not convinced that would be sufficient.

The only positive I can suggest is it would have been hugely deflating to miss the play-offs on the final game of the season which I would guess would have had a detrimental effect on players - busting a gut only to find you’ve got another 2-3 games to go.

This way, the squad can take a bit of a breather, rest key players, assess the other play off candidates and generally get their shit together, knowing in advance what is likely to be required.

It’s not much of a positive, but it’s the only crumb of comfort I can really take at the moment.

• Like 2