17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Used to mess up on. I just don't think this side is the same any more. It's hard to get your head round as a fan, but I feel confident we'll go through qpr in the straightforward manner we should.

Also this is Ian Holloway. A managerial clown. We can still lose of course, its football, but Holloway wont be out thinking Steve Bruce thats for damn sure.

2 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Got a horrible feeling it might come down to last game of the season with us needing a win at Millwall or hoping  sma get something off fulham at the sty.

I'd be fine with that.

The way we're playing these days, if we need something out of the Millwall game then we'll **** hammer them

2 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Got a horrible feeling it might come down to last game of the season with us needing a win at Millwall or hoping  sma get something off fulham at the sty.

Choose a good feeling instead .... how about Blues need to beat Fulham to stay up, but we need them to draw for us to go up.........and they miss a penalty at 1-1 in the last minute ;)

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Would you want to be in Fulhams place? We beat qpr and they are 4 behind us on worse goal difference. Not to mention potentially 8 behind cardiff. And this after the best run in their history.

I'll take where we are thanks.

I'd much rather be in Cardiff's place rather than Villa's.

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'd much rather be in Cardiff's place rather than Villa's.

Hopefully Villa will be by next weekend. If Cardiff draw their next two, and we win ours, guess who's back in 2nd?

If they are going to drop points, one would guess it will be somewhere in their next 4 games.

Wolves’ next two games are huge for them. Reading and Burton, both at home. 

They are 7 points clear of us, and if they bounce back from this wobble with 6 points, then I just don’t think there are enough games left to reign them in (their fixtures are also pretty favourable). However, if they drop these easy points they are right back in the mix with the rest of us. It would be a real test of character to bounce back after having such a lead too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised to see Cardiff now odds on for promotion with so many games to go.

They are just backing points on the board.

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised to see Cardiff now odds on for promotion with so many games to go.

If I was a neutral, I’d back Cardiff over Villa as well with how things currently stand.

4 points clear with 10 games to go, and with their current form, it’s theirs to lose.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If I was a neutral, I’d back Cardiff over Villa as well with how things currently stand.

4 points clear with 10 games to go, and with their current form, it’s theirs to lose.

The form guide over the last 10 would actually have Fulham and Villa in automatic promotion places come season end.

Provided that Villa beat Cardiff.

I highly doubt that will happen, but I'm just saying if things continue as they are results wise, that's what will happen.

• Like 1

Hi all,

So looking at the table as it stands and lets imagine thats how it finishes at the end of the season:(....

What are our chances or perdictions of going up the hard way via the play offs....will we make the final and then bottle it as we have done for the last couple of finals?

I would soon us go up in an auto place then the lottery of the play offs....I can just imagine the heart ache of failing to go up having missed out on the automatic places.

If we miss out by a couple of points we can look at the 0-0 at home to Brentford and other games we should have done better.....so frustrating to be so close....

Anyway lets keep positive!!

Regards to all

Del

10 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi all,

So looking at the table as it stands and lets imagine thats how it finishes at the end of the season:(....

What are our chances or perdictions of going up the hard way via the play offs....will we make the final and then bottle it as we have done for the last couple of finals?

I would soon us go up in an auto place then the lottery of the play offs....I can just imagine the heart ache of failing to go up having missed out on the automatic places.

If we miss out by a couple of points we can look at the 0-0 at home to Brentford and other games we should have done better.....so frustrating to be so close....

Anyway lets keep positive!!

Regards to all

Del

I don't fear the playoffs. I see it as three extra fixtures that are must win games.

The biggest plus that came from the Wolves win was that we know we can beat anyone.

The difference between us and the rest, except for Fulham, is the rate of improvement.

We'll likely have to face the playoffs,  I intend on backing Villa with utmost confidence.

Why shouldn't I? The way we are playing is worthy of promotion via whichever route.

• Like 1

Cardiff will drop points for sure. They are winning by the odd goal against the more average sides in this league. They've got some of the better sides coming up and that gives me hope that they will lose or draw a few. We just to make sure we stay focused and keep winning. 

• Like 1

When the hell did Cardiff pass us though? All it took was 1 point from 2 games and boom, we're 4 points behind. Shows how easily the script can flip. Cardiff's fixture list is rougher too with Brentford, Derby and Sheffield United and Wolves to play in the next 5 games alone. 

Who do they play after that run? Us. Who are we playing in that period? QPR, Bolton, Hull, Reading and Norwich? If we come out of this period and Cardiff is still above us, then they deserve that 2nd spot imo.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Looking at the fixtures I wouldn’t even back Cardiff to be 2nd this time next week never mind in may .