17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How long before Cardiff go too far in front and our season pins on play off victory?

Got to take my hat off to Wolves. They are showing us how it's done.

They have a very tough February and we need to stay within touching distance by then. Otherwise no chance. 

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Warnock has been around the block,  he knows exactly what he is doing.

His tantrums, moaning, ranting and raving on the touchline are all a performance. Far from the maniac on the touchlines he likes to pretend to be, I think he is a very shrewd and calculating man.

I agree. Warnock gets these bans regardless of well or badly his club is doing so really don't think it's feeling the pressure.

Just for Dem...Cardiff have some more injuries. Danny Ward their other striker had a groin op and out until the new year. Their captain Morrison injured tomorrow aswell.

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They have a very tough February and we need to stay within touching distance by then. Otherwise no chance. 

I fear they will be so far in front by then at this rate, they'll be able to relax a little that month and take the foot off the gas so to speak, then go again..

42 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I fear they will be so far in front by then at this rate, they'll be able to relax a little that month and take the foot off the gas so to speak, then go again..

Well if they are going to be so far gone by March they might not turn up to Villa Park and we get 3 points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How long before Cardiff go too far in front and our season pins on play off victory?

Got to take my hat off to Wolves. They are showing us how it's done.

Yeah? Well how many promotions does their manager have?  Huh?

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

That Wolves collapse in the shit weather and crap pitches is turning out really well :lol:

Difference between us and them is that's how we win most of our games. They win like that when they are not playing well. 

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I agree. Warnock gets these bans regardless of well or badly his club is doing so really don't think it's feeling the pressure.

Just for Dem...Cardiff have some more injuries. Danny Ward their other striker had a groin op and out until the new year. Their captain Morrison injured tomorrow aswell.

Good news then mate, about time some others pick up injuries like we have. Although wolves have been luckily on that side.

but wolves are deserving champs so far. Can't see them losing many more tbh. If they pick. Injuries it will be interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

but wolves are deserving champs so far. Can't see them losing many more tbh. If they pick up Injuries it will be interesting.

Out of pure interest, do you think he will start playing players out of position if/when that happens given the amount of money they have spent?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Out of pure interest, do you think he will start playing players out of position if/when that happens given the amount of money they have spent?

Depends but as we saw yesterday neves is absolutely key fir them, at blose they were not good at all and even blose were winning the midfield battle. He comes back scores and bosses the cm at Wednesday. 

We have to wait and see but wolves have had that advantage as well

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Depends but as we saw yesterday neves is absolutely key fir them, at blose they were not good at all and even blose were winning the midfield battle. He comes back scores and bosses the cm at Wednesday. 

We have to wait and see but wolves have had that advantage as well

True, like Terry & Kodja appear to be for us.

On the plus side of that, our 2 didn't cost half as much, but it shows the minute both are out the squad, we just about held it together against Millwall. I fear we might not be as lucky away at todays opponents.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I read an interesting statistic 2 weeks ago. 

Basically showed that the most in form teams in December get promoted.  We are on our 3rd game this month without a win..

I will back Bruce until mathematically we cannot secure promotion or a playoff spot. 

The thought of not being promoted this season is frightening and this will have dire consequences on our playing squad.

We will need a bigger rebuilding job with less funds due to FFP if our top players leave. 

I just hope that we can just hit some real form in the coming weeks and months.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I read an interesting statistic 2 weeks ago. 

Basically showed that the most in form teams in December get promoted.  We are on our 3rd game this month without a win..

I will back Bruce until mathematically we cannot secure promotion or a playoff spot. 

The thought of not being promoted this season is frightening and this will have dire consequences on our playing squad.

We will need a bigger rebuilding job with less funds due to FFP if our top players leave. 

I just hope that we can just hit some real form in the coming weeks and months.

Teams in this league have built teams on pennies and got promoted. It just takes a good eye and good coaching.

Spending ridiculous sums of money has got us nowhere. Maybe now we can get rid of the dinosaurs and build for the **** future instead of spunking money on the here and now.

• Like 1