Pre-match thread

sidcow

Is there any news on injury updates, it's going to be hard to scrape 11 players together at this rate! Fingers crossed that's Baker wasn't too serious, and Landsbury too (was it his achilles?), and apparently Hogan is likely to be back. 

Is Grealish due back this game too? Do you think he starts with Hutton on the right wing... surely he's earned a start there.

5 wins in 6? Surely there's an Aston Villa way of approaching this game? Set up for a 0-0 and hope to score an own goal if they don't get a shot in.

In all seriousness I can see this being a win which will be fantastic and really see us on a good run ahead of the international break. 2 weeks away after 5 in 6 will see everyone much more fresh, hopefully a few injured players back and the good vibes can stick around a while longer. 

Any news on the injury front, would be good to have Hogan back just so we at least have a striking option from the bench. Young Davis, for me at least, hasn't shown anything in his brief game time so far to be included in the match day squad.

So it seems Grealish is back.

This weekend has to be...

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Jedi - Taylor

Hourihane - Lansbury 

Adomah    Grealish     Amavi

Kodja

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

So it seems Grealish is back.

This weekend has to be...

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Jedi - Taylor

Hourihane - Lansbury 

Adomah    Grealish     Amavi

Kodja

Im not so sure about Grealish but that line up would go a good way to finding out if Lansbury and Houihane have it in them to play in a 2 next season. 

Also a much better way to keep Jedi on the pitch whilst playing 2 up front perhaps?

I think something like:

Johnstone

Bree      Chester      Jedi       Taylor

Adomah  Lansbury Hourihane Grealish

Kodjia 

Hogan

this could be good... I'm still not sure about 2 up top, and Kodjia would be my first choice there, but might as well find out if it works now than at the start of next season.

• Like 1

Shame Gabby isn't fit, he always seemed to turn it on at the old DW.
If we can't get another away win here then the questions will continue to grow for next season. This should be a comfortable one at the worst of times, with momentum growing I would hope for a convincing win by 2 or 3 goals.